Why does violence exist

No, it isn't.

Of course it is. If you deny somebody access to land, by claiming ownership of it for thysen, then you deprive that person of everything they require to live.

It's like withholding food from a starving man. Withholding water from a dehydrated man. Withholding antidote to a man who has been poisoned.

It's like stealing the air and forcing a man to suffocate.

Of course it is. If you deny somebody access to land, by claiming ownership of it for thysen, then you deprive that person of everything they require to live.

It's like withholding food from a starving man. Withholding water from a dehydrated man. Withholding antidote to a man who has been poisoned.

Just the act of owning the land isn't violence. Perhaps protecting your ownership of it is, but not simply claiming ownership to it.

Nobody is denying anyone access to land. You just need to buy or rent it.

If I hand my land to someone else am I not by your logic depriving myself of everything I require to live?

Nobody is denying anyone access to land. You just need to buy or rent it.

If I hand my land to someone else am I not by your logic depriving myself of everything I require to live?

This is all my land, now you must buy or rent it, if you wish to eat and drink water, or have shelter....

You are but a slave.

Slavery is violence, is it not?

Obviously the solution is not to transfer ownership to others. For ownership IS the problem! Land should be held in common, we all require the fruits of the Earth to live.

This is all my land, now you must buy or rent it, if you wish to eat and drink water, or have shelter....

You are but a slave.

Slavery is violence, is it not?

Obviously the solution is not to transfer ownership to others. For ownership IS the problem! Land should be held in common, we all require the fruits of the Earth to live.

I require a lot more land than you. Tons of logs do not season themselves in a flat, horses do not graze in a flat. Why should I give you or anyone else any of my land?

Just the act of owning the land isn't violence. Perhaps protecting your ownership of it is, but not simply claiming ownership to it.

It depends upon how your ownership of land affects others. So say none vs 1 acre, vs 1000 acres...

The man with nothing has less than his fair share ans surely deserves compensation. The man with one is about break even - assuming his acre is of average land value, the man with a 1000 should be be paying tax to compensate the landless.

Yet in this country, we tax the landless to pay the landowners vast sums of moneys. It's a sick joke, we should be having a revolution.

In the UK we 60 million acres. The freeholds to 40million+ are owned by just 0.6% of the population.

Who owns Britain? Most of us would instinctively reply: we do. The British people own the British Isles. This is a democracy, isn't it? But the facts tell a different story. When you look at a map of the British Isles, you are looking not at your home but at a land mass overwhelmingly owned by a tiny aristocratic elite. Extraordinary though it might seem, in the 21st century, 0.6 per cent of the British people own 69 per cent of the land on which we live - and they are mostly the same families who owned it in the 19th century.

When it comes to land ownership, Britain today is a more unequal country than Brazil - where there are regular land riots. We are beaten in the European league tables only by Spain, a country which largely retains the land patterns imposed by General Franco's fascist regime. It's time we realised: this land is not your land, from Land's End to the Scottish Highlands. It is theirs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/johann-hari/britains-land-is-still-owned-by-an-aristocratic-elite--but-it-doesnt-have-to-be-this-way-483131.html

---------- Post added 19-12-2012 at 23:01 ----------

I require a lot more land than you.

No you don't, maybe you would like more land, to live a better life, well for that you should pay a tax, perhaps work harder. Whilst I can live simply and work less.

Tons of logs do not season themselves in a flat, horses do not graze in a flat. Why should I give you or anyone else any of my land?

We should all be able to season logs if we wish, or graze horses. As long as we paid others for depriving them of the use of the land, by using more than our fair share...

Archived