Swinton insurance- woodhouse

I accidentally cancelled my direct debit with them a while ago. Should have clicked on the one above. It was a pain to set back up and I had the bailiff round about an unpaid debt from the payments missed setting the DD back up that I would have settled if they had told me.

On the plus side, they combine my house and car insurance into one payment. It is taken out on the correct day and when I 'hesitate' on renewal, they offer me a cashback deal as a sweetener.

I had the same from problem with Swinton (Darnall Branch) with car insurance, when I received the policy they had not included my protected no claims which I asked for when taking out the policy. When I rang to point out their mistake they wanted extra money which I declined and cancelled the policy, this was during the 14 day cooling off period and the policy wasn't even inforce, they took a £90? cancellation fee from my account. After getting no joy, and being told that that the fee stood I contacted the Finacial Obudsman who took the matter up with them and within a few days I received a letter from Swinton advising me that a guester of good will they were crediting my account with cancellation fee. I would never even take a quote again from Swinton and would advise anyone thinking of going with Swinton DONT.

Hi Kay1 how do you go about contacting the Financial Obudsman any numbers would be grateful as this business with swinton's is really eating away at me.Thank you

Hi Kay1 how do you go about contacting the Financial Obudsman any numbers would be grateful as this business with swinton's is really eating away at me.Thank you

Have a look at http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/making-a-complaint/taking-a-dispute-to-the-small-claims-court/using-the-small-claims-court/.

If you don't get yoir money back from them from your complaint consider a small claims court next. You may have to do that before going to the Ombudsman.

I contacted them by phone, Andy has given you the web site details, don't let it go, I am sure that they will be able to help you. I also wrote to the head office about the way I was spoken to by the Darnall Branch, and suggested they may need re training in the way they dealt with customers with queries and complaints. When they are giving you the quotes they are very nice but as soon as I had a query they were downright rude to me on the phone. Hope it all ends well. Good luck

---------- Post added 21-12-2012 at 12:54 ----------

Have a look at http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/making-a-complaint/taking-a-dispute-to-the-small-claims-court/using-the-small-claims-court/.

If you don't get yoir money back from them from your complaint consider a small claims court next. You may have to do that before going to the Ombudsman.

I didn't go to the small claims court, After being told by Swinton the cancellation fee stood I phoned the Ombudsman straight away and they wrote straight to Swinton (sent me a copy of the letter) and it was put right within a week.

Archived