Why cant the country go bankrupt

why cant the country just go bust ? many companies in this country just go bust, and restart up again with no chance of anyone getting any money from the new company. why cant condems plc just go under and start a new company. it could be called enterprise uk and we have a fresh start with no debt.

why cant the country just go bust ? many companies in this country just go bust, and restart up again with no chance of anyone getting any money from the new company. why cant condems plc just go under and start a new company. it could be called enterprise uk and we have a fresh start with no debt.

I think that if it did , everyone would lose their savings and pensions. Some people may get a little upset about that.:roll:

I think that if it did , everyone would lose their savings and pensions. Some people may get a little upset about that.:roll:
why would that happen ? these things would be protected by the same rules what protects peoples assets/wealth/pensions when said companies go under.

---------- Post added 19-12-2012 at 22:56 ----------

Countries can and do go bankrupt.

Not a good idea if you want to import anything or borrow money for 20 years or so though.

so do you think we will still be paying the national debt in 20 years time ?

Of course, and functioning as a nation. Which defaulters don't.

Keep an eye on Greece as an example.

i think cameron should keep an eye on greece and get the rich to pay the taxes they should. us mere peasants can not afford to pay their lifestyle . when will ordinary people realise this :huh:

Archived