Boxing Day and the lack of Public Transport

Does anyone else think that it's ludicrous that bus companies don't run services on Boxing day?

It's one of the busiest sales days of the year so you've got staff needing to get to work & you have people wanting to shop for post christmas bargains.

It just seems to me that the companies don't want to make any money!

On Boxing Day 1979, 49 307 people made it to Hillsborough to watch a memorable football game.

There was no public transport that day either.

Kids today:rolleyes:

Does anyone else think that it's ludicrous that bus companies don't run services on Boxing day?

It's one of the busiest sales days of the year so you've got staff needing to get to work & you have people wanting to shop for post christmas bargains.

It just seems to me that the companies don't want to make any money!

And what about the drivers? Aren't they allowed time off with their families at christmas? Why should we give up our christmas holidays, just so you can go and do what you do every other day?

Thanks for the link, the council are paying for quite a few bus services to run a limited service on boxing day, and the tram is also running.

I think the tram is running a limited service from 8am to 8pm. The staff will be those who volunteer to work, rather than those told to. I don't know if it's the same with the buses. I saw some buses last year in town on Boxing Day.

There are some special services.

No trains though.

Which is useless if you don't live in those areas.

And what about the drivers? Aren't they allowed time off with their families at christmas? Why should we give up our christmas holidays, just so you can go and do what you do every other day?

Do what I do every day? You mean go out to work? So I shouldn't expect a publically funded (ie out of my taxes, paid from what I earn) service to operate when it's needed, not just for me but for the workforce of the county?

Jesus.

Archived