Boxing Day and the lack of Public Transport

And what about the drivers? Aren't they allowed time off with their families at christmas? Why should we give up our christmas holidays, just so you can go and do what you do every other day?

That exactly what my wifes constabulary colleagues and her say as well.

They'll be having a great time collecting more drunks and druggies and shoplifters than usual.

Does anyone else think that it's ludicrous that bus companies don't run services on Boxing day?

It's one of the busiest sales days of the year so you've got staff needing to get to work & you have people wanting to shop for post christmas bargains.

There's more to life than shopping.

If you really need to work or your employer really needs you there either get a taxi or get them to arrange a staff minibus.

There's more to life than shopping.

If you really need to work or your employer really needs you there either get a taxi or get them to arrange a staff minibus.

Why should myself or my employer brunt an extra financial cost when we pay a company to run services.

There's money to be made by running buses on a proper (not limited) service yet there is none. It's a foolish business decision.

Archived