UKIP candid Geoffrey Clark calls for disabled foetuses to be aborted

Thats the trouble with ukip,too many rightious nutters on board,I know a couple of them myself.On paper they look great, in truth they are OTT.!

There's nothing wrong with being righteous- although there is with being [your definition of] a nutter- but, either way, UKIP is the only UK political party that is growing in size. None of that is related to the thread's topic. Mr Clark expressed an unpopular opinion lawfully but it's unsurprising that UKIP disowned it/him. Despite all the media kerfuffle, however, he came second in both polls.

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-20813977v

How disabled would the foetuse have to be before termination. Who would make the decision. What if the percieved information was wrong and the aborted foetus was not as disabled as suspected.

No, it could never be right in this day and age to abort a "disabled" baby, unless the disablement was proved to be catastrophic, no head, brain or the like.

Angel.

How original- if losing an argument, cite the Nazis.

The point is if a party has 10 members,another five joining mean a 50 pc increase,10 more double membership and 30 achieve a quadrupling.It would be very difficult for any established party to grow as quickly,which means UKIP are beating the BNP,Plaid Cymru,and the Worsop WRSP.It is hardly likely to merit a Noble Prize for Political Endeavour.

So was the person you snubbed with the Nazi remark actually losing their argument?

The point is if a party has 10 members,another five joining mean a 50 pc increase,10 more double membership and 30 achieve a quadrupling.It would be very difficult for any established party to grow as quickly,which means UKIP are beating the BNP,Plaid Cymru,and the Worsop WRSP.

A valid point. I have no idea if your arithmetic is correct, however, and nor have you.

So was the person you snubbed with the Nazi remark actually losing their argument?

Must have been- if there were a better argument, I suppose that we'd have seen it posted. It wasn't.

There's nothing wrong with being righteous- although there is with being [your definition of] a nutter- but, either way, UKIP is the only UK political party that is growing in size. None of that is related to the thread's topic. Mr Clark expressed an unpopular opinion lawfully but it's unsurprising that UKIP disowned it/him. Despite all the media kerfuffle, however, he came second in both polls.

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-20813977v

Doesn't say much for liebore support in the area does it.

Must have been- if there were a better argument, I suppose that we'd have seen it posted. It wasn't.

There was nothing wrong with my argument (that popularity does not equate to rightness) and I was not losing it. You, on the other hand, have used a dishonest premise to try (unsuccessfully) to substantiate your wrongheaded suggestion that because UKIP are 'fast-growing' (i.e. popular), that makes them right. It does not, (as my Nazi parallel demonstrates. Other parallels are available).

You give the impression of a beetle stranded on its back and waving its legs wildly in the air.;)

---------- Post added 31-12-2012 at 01:00 ----------

A valid point. I have no idea if your arithmetic is correct, however, and nor have you.

The arithmetic offered by gnvqsos (#27) is demonstrably correct. If you have no idea whether it is or not, I suggest you take a refresher course in basic mathematics.

Archived