Do you think that this t-shirt should be banned?

Tony

o you think that this t-shirt should be banned?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. o you think that this t-shirt should be banned?

I seem to remember 2 years ago that a visitor to the House of Commons was told by a policeman to cover up the T Shirt they were wearing which was believed to be offensive to Margaret Thatcher. So there are restrictions on what people can wear.

Back to the OPs example, those who say 'God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve' are invariably nobcheeses, and could serve as a warning to sensible people not to engage them in any discussion at all.

This particular t-shirt shouldn't be banned as it's hardly offensive despite being homophobic. I'd rather see someone wearing this if they actually believed it so that I could ridicule them for believing in god, believing in creationism and being a small-minded homophobe. If something were advocating violence or similar then that would get its wearer in court.

Is this t-shirt the sort of thing that should be banned, and if so, why?

With the row about selective marriage conditions has the UK really moved on and become generally tolerant or should objectors be allowed to say whatever they want?

Generally tolerant also means allowing people to express their opinions no matter how much they offend others. Or are there limits that you would like to place under "generally tolerant" ? :D

Generally tolerant also means allowing people to express their opinions no matter how much they offend others. Or are there limits that you would like to place under "generally tolerant" ? :D

There was a death metal band called Cradle of Filth that had a tshirt with "Jesus is a C*n*" in big letters on the back. I seem to recall at least one wearer getting into problems with the police over it.

Archived