Dust caps stuck on valve.

I had new tyres fitted to my car 3 weeks ago and bought some metal dust caps for the valves thinking they would be better than plastic.

I have been to check my tyre pressure before a long journey this weekend and cannot get the caps off the front two tyres. It is as if they have bonded themselves to the valve.

Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do to resolve the problem, I ask before I make an idiot of my self at the tyre place for not doing something that is really obvious :loopy:

Pour boiling water over them.

Vaseline is only good for one thing and shouldn't be use on mechcanical joins

It always works for me! :D

I'm sorry to hear about your nappy rash. :hihi:

I had new tyres fitted to my car 3 weeks ago and bought some metal dust caps for the valves thinking they would be better than plastic.

I have been to check my tyre pressure before a long journey this weekend and cannot get the caps off the front two tyres. It is as if they have bonded themselves to the valve.

Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do to resolve the problem, I ask before I make an idiot of my self at the tyre place for not doing something that is really obvious :loopy:

Spray WD40 onto the valve thread so it runs into the cap and they should come off easy, spay the thread again before putting them back on.

Archived