I thought we were short of money..

How much work did George Entwhistle complete in 54 days? Most of which he got wrong anyway. Why the big payoff?

It will be part of his contract; when you negotiate a contract you can include anything that you wish if the employer agrees to it!

Easy; it's a function of their salary rates.

You've little idea what the rate for the jobs is nor what the jobs entail. Nor have I, by the way.

One does not need an insight into such details to question the payment of £540,000 for 9 weeks work ie £60 k a week or £12k per day.Whatever the role that's a very high remuneration rate

It will be part of his contract; when you negotiate a contract you can include anything that you wish if the employer agrees to it!

It wasn't actually. He was paid off twice what was legally required due to his contract.

If he resigned he was due 6 months salary, if he was sacked he was due 12 months. I think he was told that he had to resign or he would be sacked, and that either way they'd give him the 12 months amount. They probably thought it was better for their image if he resigned.

We don't have 'austerity', that's just government spin, when austerity hits us, we'll all know, you won't be wondering what colour iphone cover to get this week, you wont be thinking what shall I watch on the 400 channels I have from sky, and those 'must have shoes' at £70 can be forgotten about, suspect there might be more pressing things on your mind.

I have never seen austerity, my parents did during the war, just a gut feeling, but I think my children will see it, my grandchildren certainly.

You're probably right which makes it even more wrong that we're being taxed to the hilt for little return, public money is wasted hand over fist, and the wealthy are being paid supersalaries which are totally unrealistic, divisive, have no baring on the work, and are just plain unfair.

Does this government want riots on the street?

You're probably right which makes it even more wrong that we're being taxed to the hilt for little return, public money is wasted hand over fist, and the wealthy are being paid supersalaries which are totally unrealistic, divisive, have no baring on the work, and are just plain unfair.

Does this government want riots on the street?

This government, no, some future government may have to deal with that,

politics is a now a very short term buisness, we have had in the past conviction politicians, we now by and large have career politicians, to be honest if what is happening now won't get people getting at least angry at our leaders, I don't really know what will.

When this 'crisis' hit in 2008, politicians were indicating that it would be a couple of years before we over it, it's now 2012 soon to be 2013 and George Osborne said only 2 weeks ago that things wouldn't be better until 2018 at the earliest, of course he'll be long forgotten about by then,

Why does the new head of the ban of England get double the salary of the previous fella??

How much are others getting paid to be heads of national / private banks?

They could pay minimum wage, but that's unlikely to attract the sort of people with the skills and knowledge to actually do the job.

George Entwhistle ex of the BBC, (public body therefore our money,) gets a half million pound payoff for 54 days incompetant work, new guy taking over the bank of England to get £650,000 (twice what Mervyn King got) + benefits like a £250,000 housing allowance, MPs get 5% rise....

Rubbing people's nose in the austerity poo don't you think?

I wonder how that compares with how much Arthur Scargill cost the NUM?

Archived