I thought we were short of money..

Not at all. I have a job, a few savings, no dependants, and can absorb a bit of austerity. A lot of people can't.

I think the gap between rich and poor is now sufficiently large and unfair to engender the disgust it deserves.

That's not jelousy.

Did it deserve your disgust under Labour? At what point did it become "sufficiently large"?

Did it deserve your disgust under Labour? At what point did it become "sufficiently large"?

This is not about party politics, it's about bad governance over many years.

When people are losing their homes, living on the street, having to walk miles to obtain food from foodbanks, losing their jobs, or earning less than they need to live on, while corporations are able to pay cronies and incompetants magamoney to do a job badly with no penalty, or making vast profits by not paying due taxes and a living wage, when in times of austerity the gap between rich and poor widens rather than closes, yet we are supposedly 'all in it together, then I think it's sufficiently large.

This is not about party politics, it's about bad governance over many years.

When people are losing their homes, living on the street, having to walk miles to obtain food from foodbanks, losing their jobs, or earning less than they need to live on, while corporations are able to pay cronies and incompetants magamoney to do a job badly with no penalty, or making vast profits by not paying due taxes and a living wage, when in times of austerity the gap between rich and poor widens rather than closes, yet we are supposedly 'all in it together, then I think it's sufficiently large.

Was it sufficiently large under Labour?

Archived