Who gave teachers the right to tell children that Santa doesn't exist?

Whats wrong in letting them believe as long as they want to.When they stop believing in the man himself There is always the spirit of Christmas to believe in which touches us all in one way or another, well most of us anyway.There are always a few Bah humbugs aboout to spoil it.

That good old 'spirit of Christmas' line. Please tell me what it actually means.

---------- Post added 20-12-2012 at 18:37 ----------

Its not ridiculous at all.

If you can't see the analogy then we're done

There isn't an analogy, just a very flawed argument. There is a difference between fostering a healthy imagination and in blindy believing in something (which really does not require much of an imagination at all).

Please feel free to leave at any time.

Telling the kids when unasked is different

I agree if if someone goes out of their way to teach them the fact then that is wrong I can't imagine the teacher planned a lesson about Santa being real.

However if the children are asking the question should they be ignored?

I do believe that if children are asking questions and understanding the implication of the answer it is most likely the right time to explain.

I think if I was a parent and really thought it was damaging I would just lie and use the beliefs excuse and say that her beliefs mean she does not believe in the same things. People use it all the time and even us adults accept it.

Hope Santa comes xx :lol:

That good old 'spirit of Christmas' line. Please tell me what it actually means.

I am sorry if you dont know and you are not a believer i cannot tell you.

.Hope you have a happy Christmas :):)

Like the song says, " Merry Christmas to kids from 1 to 92 " I have a few years left to keep believing in Santa Claus. So once again I will ask for a Mercedes Convertible in the hope I at last get one. I'm tired of the lump of coal I get every year, we're central heated.

Like the song says, " Merry Christmas to kids from 1 to 92 " I have a few years left to keep believing in Santa Claus. So once again I will ask for a Mercedes Convertible in the hope I at last get one. I'm tired of the lump of coal I get every year, we're central heated.

if energy prices keep rising as they do then you should be able to sell all these pieces of coal and buy several cars.

Archived