Who gave teachers the right to tell children that Santa doesn't exist?

what about being16 and still believing in god( another drastic failure)Ive let my 5yr old know i dont believe in jesus but i would never do the judas on dear old santa as he never has a guilty negative effect throughout life.

I know as a kid I felt quite guilty about not believing in Santa and 'played along' to try and make the adults happy. I had the same feeling about religion as a kid too. I was brought up to 'believe' but at about the same age (must have been about 6/7 as we moved from the area that I went to Sunday school) I remember questioning the Sunday school leaders who would not explain how things could possibly exist and used to get quite annoyed with my constant questions.

So I do think lies are kind of confusing for children. I knew I was being lied to, but had empathy that I did not want to upset the adults around me, so 'played along' . It does make me wonder how many other children end up feeling like that.

I know as a kid I felt quite guilty about not believing in Santa and 'played along' to try and make the adults happy. I had the same feeling about religion as a kid too. I was brought up to 'believe' but at about the same age (must have been about 6/7 as we moved from the area that I went to Sunday school) I remember questioning the Sunday school leaders who would not explain how things could possibly exist and used to get quite annoyed with my constant questions.

So I do think lies are kind of confusing for children. I knew I was being lied to, but had empathy that I did not want to upset the adults around me, so 'played along' . It does make me wonder how many other children end up feeling like that.

Smart girl Evei i went to sunday school and fell for it hook line and sinker

The teacher wrote on the board write how you feel now you know there is no such thing as Santa this happened yesterday at stone low school dronfield

I would be furious. that is not good practice. a letter/email should have gone out to parents before this lesson. also discussing this in school then leads to the older ones spoiling it for the litte ones.

I was around 6 yrs old when I started doubting the existence of Santa. I just instinctively knew my parents were lying. I even confirmed my suspicions when I crept downstairs and discovered my parents putting out the presents. I laughed and said "I knew you were lying" before being told to go back to bed.

It gave me a lot of satisfaction discovering the truth. And, even while knowing the truth, it was still a magical time of year. It definitely didn't ruin Christmas(although it might have ruined my parents Christmas knowing the scam was up).

If those school kids are upset, the parents are to blame for filling their children's mind with junk in the first place. Still, I'm sure those kids will get over it and still enjoy Christmas.

I would be furious. that is not good practice. a letter/email should have gone out to parents before this lesson. also discussing this in school then leads to the older ones spoiling it for the litte ones.

I'd be furious as well, it's "know", not "no".

Archived