Coffee machines

As above,Costco sell really good quality coffee beans at a very good price,we use the cafatiere quite a bit but its a pain to clean out and dispose of the grounds.We also have a Nesspresso machine the pods are excellent they work out about 28p-30p per espresso cup,Costco also sell Duallit coffee pods for Nesspresso machines that work out around 26p per cup.

I have bought so many gadgets over the years, that have ended up gathering dust. I had no intention on buying a machine, and them my son brought a dolce gusto home. That was around 2 years ago, and it is still used daily. I get the pods from costco (around £9 for 24) To me the cappuccino tastes as good as a coffee shop one, I love it!!

My best friend is my cafetiere. I also have a large programmable coffee making machine, plus a (fiddly) espresso machine. I'd suggest that a cefetiere (sorry ... can't do the French/German umlauts to save my life) is the best way to go. :)

I have bought so many gadgets over the years, that have ended up gathering dust. I had no intention on buying a machine, and them my son brought a dolce gusto home. That was around 2 years ago, and it is still used daily. I get the pods from costco (around £9 for 24) To me the cappuccino tastes as good as a coffee shop one, I love it!!

That's interesting as I can never get my coffee to be the same as cafes make them

That's interesting as I can never get my coffee to be the same as cafes make them

Probably because you use real coffee. I went into a well known caffeine emporium only this very yesterday and had to leave the repugnant dishwater I was served. Two quid down the drain ... couldn't even be bothered to complain as my implacitudes would've been wasted.

I bought one of these last year:

http://www.dualit.com/products/espressivo-coffee-machine Try this one instead :)

It can take pods and ground coffee. I love it and use it most days. You get the 'coffee crema' on the top of your coffee like you do in the coffee shops. The only negatives are, if you want to make more than two cups it is time consuming and the coffee grounds don't 'bang' out they are still quite wet and you have to scrap them out of the handle which is quite annoying. Oh and only small mug fit under it. (the newer version has a larger clearance for bigger mugs)

It is a fair bit cheaper than similar coffee machines that take ground coffee and pods. If you just want to use pods I would buy one of the smaller pod only machines. I rarely by pods as they seem expensive compared to ground coffee and I like the range of ground coffee or coffee beans that I can have ground.

My grounds go into the compost bin.

Archived