Road bike - where to go??

Guest brownd95

Guest brownd95

Just treated myself to a 2nd hand road bike.

Now what do I do?

Just realized I don't have the proper clothing LOL

If someone could suggest places to ride??/

Thanks,

brownd95

Join a club. They will have regular runs [sundays for sure] and some mid-week ones. All the advice in the world is there and no one is trying to sell you anything.

Google search will tell you everything you need to know But you can start with Sharrow. It depends where you live and what area of Sheffield you want to be riding out of. Hence Sharrow for Derbyshire.

If you want somewhere to practice then take the bike to Ladybower, head towards the Fairholmes visitor centre and cycle the road that goes round Ladybower.

Well, cycle to the end and come back again as only the one side is tarmacked! The return half is not that bad, depends on what you are happy riding on.

If you want somewhere to practice then take the bike to Ladybower, head towards the Fairholmes visitor centre and cycle the road that goes round Ladybower.

Well, cycle to the end and come back again as only the one side is tarmacked! The return half is not that bad, depends on what you are happy riding on.

Great route for a beginner its where I started good sceenary and very light traffic and fairly flat.

Archived