Do you give tips any more?

I tip, usually about 10%. I was in London last year and the waitress informed us that in London we should tip 12% because of the cost of living.

Well move then.

I always try to tip in cash as well, it's more likely to reach the staff that way.

I tip, usually about 10%. I was in London last year and the waitress informed us that in London we should tip 12% because of the cost of living.

Well move then.

I always try to tip in cash as well, it's more likely to reach the staff that way.

If the waitress had said that to me, I'd have left without giving a tip at all.

Why do people seem to be focussing on just restaurants? I always top my taxi drivers when I'm on my way down town...unless he's spent the whole journey on his phones, speaking in his native language without even a hello, that's happened before, plain rude.

I tend not to do much other stuff that requires a tip, but I do commonly let people keep change for them to put in their charity boxes at shops etc...

What other services do people tip?

Archived