Dog owners beware in Handsworth

Hammonddawn

Just to make you aware, on Friday morning my beautiful Beagle was attacked by two German Shepherds, completely unprovoked whilst on his lead. These dogs were not on leads and upon seeing "Alfie" they went straight for him and wouldn't leave him alone. My brother in law, who was walking him at the time, tried to fight off the dogs but they wouldn't let go of Alfie. Their owner didn't do much to try and help either. Alfie managed to struggle out of his collar and ran away, unfortunately towards Handworth Top dual carriageway and was hit by a car.

Please, please be careful when walking your precious pets as I would hate for this to happen to yours. We have very, very sadly had to have Alfie put to sleep as he was paralysed, he wasn't even 2 years old! If it had not been for these dogs attacking him, he would never have run off and been hit. This happened early Friday morning on Finchwell Road.

Please be very careful.

We have a german Shepard and he's the most lovely (and a bit daft) dog in the world but german shepards have to be taught well when they're young so they aren't going for people or other dogs, its obvious the two german shepards have not been brought up well in their early years.

And for this guy not to have his dogs on a lead, that's ridiculus, as I said before, my german Shepard is lovely but I never let him off his lead on walks, only when we take him out in the car to a remote area so he can have a run around freely.

Sorry about the loss of your dog.

So very sorry to hear this awful story, it makes my stomach turn to think that people are walking about with dangerous dogs like this and getting away with it.

i have a rhodesian ridgeback cross he is nearly 8 stone, but is a gentle giant and would never hurt another dog.

it is how you bring them up that makes the dog what it is , you get out what you put in.

is there no way of prosecuting this idiot with the german shepards, if it was down to me the owner should be put down.

rip alfiexx

How horrible. I really do feel for you

I hope these dogs have been reported to the police. Don't let them fob you off. They were dangerously out of control in a public place, and they caused an RTA. At the very least a record should be on file in case of further incidents involving these dogs

I wonder if anybody else here knows the culprit?

How horrible. I really do feel for you

I hope these dogs have been reported to the police. Don't let them fob you off. They were dangerously out of control in a public place, and they caused an RTA. At the very least a record should be on file in case of further incidents involving these dogs

I wonder if anybody else here knows the culprit?

Yep, make sure it's reported and you are given some reference.