Southern family

andrejuan

Ok the only hard facts I know are that twin boys were born in the area Aug. 1940

At the age of 12-14 they were told they had either a sister or twin sisters? age unknown. On the boys B/C mothers maiden name is James The Father was not around when the boys were born/babies. There is a rumour that Father was killed in action but this may not be accurate.

Thank you for the info so far, I now have some avenues to explore.

Please post any more info you have, it is much appreciated.

The boys' birth entry gives Oct-Dec 1940 but this isn't too unusual - Michael S. Southern and Terence J.H. Southern. There are no other Southern birth entries between 1920 and 1955 with the mother's maiden name given as James, but there could be complications - anyway good luck in your quest!

The boys' birth entry gives Oct-Dec 1940 but this isn't too unusual - Michael S. Southern and Terence J.H. Southern. There are no other Southern birth entries between 1920 and 1955 with the mother's maiden name given as James, but there could be complications - anyway good luck in your quest!

Thank you for that, it has saved me loads of time searching for someone who (by the look of it) does not exist.

My next task is to establish if the mother is still alive. and maybe

find some siblings of the mother.

I have registered on Ancestry and Genes reunited but it is still long winded. Hopefully more will appear on this thread.

All helpful stuff thanks.

I also have a link to the Brightside area around 1945, anything relating to this would tie some of the links together.

Hi Andre

My Grandmother was Mary Ellen Southern, (known as Nellie) she lived at Pitsmoor and married into the Cliffe family who lived at Brightside, in Sanderson Rd. Does this help.

Hi Andre

My Grandmother was Mary Ellen Southern, (known as Nellie) she lived at Pitsmoor and married into the Cliffe family who lived at Brightside, in Sanderson Rd. Does this help.

That is very helpful thanks, Mary could possibly be the sister to the boys Father?

Do you know if she had a brother?

If Mary was the Mary Ellen Southern who married Thomas William Cliff in 1910, census returns indicate that she had younger brothers Charles, Harry, Frederick and Arthur, born 1898, 1901, 1905 and 1906 respectively. Charles may have married Agnes Howe in 1922, Frederick Lily Warburton in 1931, and Arthur Margaret Beet in 1935.

Archived