Southern family

andrejuan

That is very helpful thanks, Mary could possibly be the sister to the boys Father?

Do you know if she had a brother?

Not sure. There were a lot of Southerns in the Pitsmoor area Ive mainly concerned myself with her parents and grandparents Ive never been sure which were related to my Grandmother.Hillsboro's info will probably be the right track,he usually gets things right.

In the mid 1950's there was a Southern family living in a shop on Lepping Lane, Hillsborough. I remember their daughter Celia , who in those days she and I would both be circa 10/12 years old .

Dont know if this any use to you ?

Gary Marshman

North Wales

All info is useful Gary, thank you for that.

Andrejuan,

If this is the thread of the family, the connection was Regent School of Dancing on Bradfield Road, where the Dance teacher /owner was June Wood. June later Adams, still lives at 65 Vere Road, and she may remember the Southern family who lived above the shop on Leppings lane. Maybe the shop sold second hand furniture but may have not been operational in that period. cant just think what Mr. Southern did for a living , but maybe River Don works not far from there ?

Gary Marshman

North Wales

Archived