Thefts in Gleadless Valley

jerseylad

I've lived in Gleadless for 6 years, never experianced any crime, but there has been things happeing in the area.

Why are people giving this area such a bad name, crime happens everywhere!! it dosen't mean its a bad place full of scum. Hard working people with jobs live in this area.

Please dont tar all of us on Gleadless Valley with the same brush, there are more decent people here that there are scum, one of these scum is in court this week for burglary but he will get let off as hes only fourteen years old.

The police know who all these scumbags are but its getting the evidence, Just remember we are not all scum .

I haven't tarred all of you with the same brush.

stop being so defensive, its pathetic.

For the record i lived on Gleadless (various parts) for 30 years.

I moved recently cos i was sick to the back teeth of not being able to have nice things without the Gleadless scum wanting to take it or break it.

Best thing i ever did.

---------- Post added 25-12-2012 at 10:17 ----------

I've lived in Gleadless for 6 years, never experianced any crime, but there has been things happeing in the area.

Why are people giving this area such a bad name, crime happens everywhere!! it dosen't mean its a bad place full of scum. Hard working people with jobs live in this area.

Gleadless is a big place.

Trust me there are parts of it that are like Helmand.

If there was oil there the yanks would have paid you a visit by now.

Can you take any consolation in the fact that the majority of programes that the thief watches on his il-gotten TV will be crap?

They don't steal them to watch them, it's probably sold for their next 'fix'. OP should not blame themselves on what was something most of us do at some time. The blame lies fairly and squarely with the low-life scroat who thinks its okay to damage somebodys property and steal a childs present:roll::roll:

They don't steal them to watch them, it's probably sold for their next 'fix'. OP should not blame themselves on what was something most of us do at some time. The blame lies fairly and squarely with the low-life scroat who thinks its okay to damage somebodys property and steal a childs present:roll::roll:

I do it all the time. Mainly with my phone. When I get in the car I usually throw it on the seat, and then when I get in the house I have to go out again to get it lol. Really annoys me, but personally I try to never leave the car with valuables in it, not even in the boot.

Yes I do realise that and no,the victim is not to blame.Once we start to blame the victims,the battle is lost.

Yes I do realise that and no,the victim is not to blame.Once we start to blame the victims,the battle is lost.

Glad you agree Shane but I was more commenting on your idea that the scumbag would be stealing a childs present to watch it, he is more likely to have sold it in order to buy his next fix. There are three people to blame in the equation really.

1. The perpetrator

2. The person who bought it knowing or believing it to be stolen

and

3. The low life dealer who probably is the root cause of why the thief did what he did

Glad you agree Shane but I was more commenting on your idea that the scumbag would be stealing a childs present to watch it, he is more likely to have sold it in order to buy his next fix. There are three people to blame in the equation really.

1. The perpetrator

and

3. The low life dealer who probably is the root cause of why the thief did what he did

I assume it will be new and more than likely sealed and such if it was stolen from the car, It's likely the buyer won't even know it's stolen, unless they know the seller well.

1. The perpetrator

and

As I said,yes I do realise that. I was being flippant or,god forbid,sarcastic.And,yes,I also realise that it was not technically sarcasm but I think that ties in nicely with another current thread!

Hope that's not too insensitive for this holiest of days!

Have a peacefull day and I wish the OP could have got his telly back.

One more thought,perhaps a suitable punishment for the telly thief would be to make him watch christmas afternoon telly everyday of the year!That would end any suggestion that prison is a cushy option.

---------- Post added 25-12-2012 at 15:05 ----------

I assume it will be new and more than likely sealed and such if it was stolen from the car, It's likely the buyer won't even know it's stolen, unless they know the seller well.

If someone offered you a brand new boxed and unused TV would you buy it from them without seeing that they had proof of ownership or a proof of purchase?

I haven't tarred all of you with the same brush.

stop being so defensive, its pathetic.

For the record i lived on Gleadless (various parts) for 30 years.

I moved recently cos i was sick to the back teeth of not being able to have nice things without the Gleadless scum wanting to take it or break it.

Best thing i ever did.

I thought it was natural to defend the things you hold dear? so why is it pathetic?

Ive lived on this estate for a good few years and I certainly would not let the "scum" as you call them drive me out, theres more of us than there is of them. So if anyone slags the place I live I DEFEND IT!!

Rubbish, if a person you hardly know offers you a brand new boxed TV with no receipt for a rock bottom price then you should if you have an ounce of gumption know its not right. Ie you believe it to be stolen. If there were no people willing to buy these items then the thieves would have much tougher time and maybe even give up

Archived