Thefts in Gleadless Valley

jerseylad

Rubbish, if a person you hardly know offers you a brand new boxed TV with no receipt for a rock bottom price then you should if you have an ounce of gumption know its not right. Ie you believe it to be stolen. If there were no people willing to buy these items then the thieves would have much tougher time and maybe even give up

A great deal is sold on ebay etc.as BNIB or BNWT.They do not show a certificate of title;similarly how many car-boots have documentation.

I would agree that the purchaser of stolen goods is worse than the thief,if they know the goods are stolen.

i live in gleadless valley an have never experienced any crime around here, it's not fair that we are all being tarred with the same brush when the majority of us are law abiding :(

Its not that everyone is tarred with the same brush as I have some good friends around here but unfortunatly it has been the 4th criminal act to happen to either me or my neighbour. I am truly honestly pleased nothing bad has happened to you.

Did you call the police? They'll probably sell it to Cash Converters on Newfield Green so let the police know and try and give them as many details as possible.

Seriously, check down cash converters in a few days, it will be in there if it's new.

I will pop into cash convertors... sadly the old days of the community policeman investigating crime is gone :(

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 16:20 ----------

Can you take any consolation in the fact that the majority of programes that the thief watches on his il-gotten TV will be crap?

Lol... this is true :hihi:

[No, not heaven.

Just a nice estate with nice people and none of your usual trash who bring the area down to the level of a cesspit :)

You seem jealous. Im sorry for that but you could always work harder and then like me you can escape the slums.

Why should I be jealous? you made a choice that seems to suit you and I made mine, I love this Estate and as for working harder Ive done my fifty years thanks.

Did you call the police? They'll probably sell it to Cash Converters on Newfield Green so let the police know and try and give them as many details as possible.

Seriously, check down cash converters in a few days, it will be in there if it's new.

I called the police because I was attacked on my bus because a householder who lived there objected to buses parking at the terminus.This was at ecclesfield. I gave the police all the details with his address and someone from ecclesfield police rang me back and said I shouldn't have offended him by parking at the bus terminus.I was so disgusted I just left it at that, but I have reported nothing to the police after that not when we were burgled or any other thing.

Please be vigilant, yesterday afternoon I picked up a present for my stepdaughter for Xmas, instead of taking it straight in the house and her seeing it i left it behind my drivers seat, Within 2 hours the car window was smashed and the present stolen.

I know before anyone says, yes it was my fault for leaving it in the car and yes I am stupid for doing so but please be vigilant as this is likely to be the same people that have broken into a number of houses stealing presents on the valley.

Seems a shame that we work so hard to give our family nice things only to be stolen by some lowlife, If you saw anyone around Overend Close carrying a 22inch tv in yellow Tecknika box please PM me. Hopefully as a community we can find out WHO is stealing from us in the area and stop this from happening. :sad:

U are not stupid at all, perhaps a bit lax on this occasion, sorry to hear your news.

I wonder if these are the same criminals who've got Overend postcode barred by Tesco homeshopping.

I wouldn't be surprised - there is obviously a problem on Overend Close, from what van drivers have told me when delivering to my house nearby.

Archived