More shootings in USA

mart

Mainly the same things which caused you to post the following earlier in the thread:

It sounds like if a gang member in the US gets killed, you go "Meh". If a gang member in the UK gets shot at, you go "LOOK!!! You're as bad as us with guns!!!". Double standards?

In Los Angeles gang shootings have declined very significantly in the last decade due to the work of the Los Angeles Police department gang suppression units. Hiowever they do still happen occasionally for one reason or another.

Crimes of passion cause a few deaths by gunfire now and again. This is an issue where a man's honour is sometimes at stake if his wife or girlfriend is unfaithful to him.

So what happened in Sheffield over the years that brought gangs into existence and armed with guns? The race track gangs existed back in the 1930/40s but they used razors to settle their grievances

Thanks for that comment. Just proves that gun control never applies to the criminals

That's too bad, I'm sure they would have turned in their guns right away :roll:

Still doesn't take away from the fact that the USA has a firearm homicide rate of 3.7 per 100K people and the UK has a rate of 0.04 per 100K people.

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 16:46 ----------Now Sheffield is slightly smaller in terms of population than Baltimore where in 2011 there were 196 homicides, not including other non-fatal shootings.

Baltimore, Maryland or Baltimore, Ohio? :huh:

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 21:15 ----------

No it doesn't. What is the cause in your opinion of the high casualty rate in Baltimore?

A large, low income, unemployed population with nothing to do all day except squabble over turf, drugs and other vices and enough firepower among them to take the Persian Gulf.

Throw in a shrinking tax base (because the decent, employed folks are moving away in droves) which leaves the police, firefighters and other public services stretched mighty thin and you have a veritable perfect storm of crime.

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 21:25 ----------

In Los Angeles gang shootings have declined very significantly in the last decade due to the work of the Los Angeles Police department gang suppression units. Hiowever they do still happen occasionally for one reason or another.

Crimes of passion cause a few deaths by gunfire now and again. This is an issue where a man's honour is sometimes at stake if his wife or girlfriend is unfaithful to him.

So what happened in Sheffield over the years that brought gangs into existence and armed with guns? The race track gangs existed back in the 1930/40s but they used razors to settle their grievances

Don't forget the gun buybacks Harley. ;)

There is no comparison between gang members and normal folk. My husband was a juror in a murder trial in another California county where the deceased was stabbed in the heart with brass knuckles like these because he yelled at the killer for driving too fast down the street.

Baltimore, Maryland or Baltimore, Ohio? :huh:

A large, low income, unemployed population with nothing to do all day except squabble over turf, drugs and other vices and enough firepower among them to take the Persian Gulf.

Throw in a shrinking tax base (because the decent, employed folks are moving away in droves) which leaves the police, firefighters and other public services stretched mighty thin and you have a veritable perfect storm of crime.

Is that Baltimore, Maryland or Baltimore, Ohio?

so your idea is to disarm the law abiding public and you think that will stop those things happening? well i would tend to disagree with that, because i don't think it was the gun that pulled its own trigger. look at the true cause.

What is the one thing all of those shooters had in common? They were all taking some kind of prozac type drug...

As long as there are psychopathic people being feed psychoactive pharmaceutical drugs. This sort of incident will always happen. They would just take a different type of weapon, if you ban guns.

I think this goes a lot deeper than most are willing to delve. its part of a planned agenda in my opinion (create a problem.... wait for the reaction.... then give the solution..)

The way to deal with this rising type of crime is to ban all psychoactive prescription drugs ban all viloent video games and films, ban all chemicals in drinking water and food.

So let me get this straight... you want to ban medication, which exists to help people recover from various health conditions, and ban video games, which exist to provide entertainment, while keeping it legal to own an assault rifle, which exists for one purpose and one purpose alone: to kill roomfuls of people in one go.

Riiiiiiiight :loopy:

Archived