I'm not as hard as I thought I was.

I think TJC must be some sort of hard man villain type, using terms like 'front up' and 'in your grille'. He can be found most nights in the corner of your local Wetherspoons tapping his foot to dubstep and shaking his fist

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

This is all true, except It's super villain, not just villain thanks.

---------- Post added 25-12-2012 at 12:51 ----------

lol at shaking fist

I thought that was a nice touch too.

---------- Post added 25-12-2012 at 13:01 ----------

No, I clearly didn't miss that point. I already said that the OP was wrong to make angry gestures. But continuing to make the situation worse after that as you two are suggesting would be downright stupid.

---------- Post added 25-12-2012 at 09:33 ----------

It doesn't matter how confident you are, it just takes one crazy guy with a knife you didn't see.

Scarpering after giving it the large one, is not befitting of a diamond geezer. cannister. Err apple and pears etc.

It's like those passive aggressive drivers who shout and gesture but then run off when you confront them.

Their probably not passive aggressive drivers..they probably get a kick out of pulling you in, taunting you, getting you to lose your rag then running off giggling while you blow a fuse.

Today when I was walking down the street, a bloke was walking with a purpose straight towards me in the opposite direction; he was looking at the floor but he was aware of me and had no intentions of making any effort to move out of the way to avoid walking straight into me, so I was forced to take evasive action and sidestep him, making a sort of angry gesture as I did.

He noticed my angry gesture, turned and confronted me about it. He was following me down the street, so I turned and said words to the effect of "who do you think you are walking straight through me....". In responce he just started getting really agressive so I turned and walked away. He followed me down the street saying "come on then!" etc. I just kept on walking and he eventually sodded off.

Oh dear. :hihi:

Easiest thing to do when encountering those people who seem to think they have a right to barge ahead without looking properly, is to simply slow your pace until they have to move around you. If necessary, even slow to a stop, but, 99% of the time they'll see you're not going to step to the side and they'll do it instead.

It's sometimes hard to avoid making angry gestures when someone behaves inconsiderately but presumably it usually means "I'm annoyed" rather than "I want to fight" and there should be no pressure to back it up with violence.

Aggressive people will often act in a way that elicits a response that they can then use as an excuse to attack. So, well done to the OP for doing the sensible thing of backing down and showing who was the better person.

OP is either a wind up troll or a child. His philosophy: It's my bit of pavement so either you move out of way or I will make obscene gestures to you because I have more right to that bit of footpath than you do and then is surprised when he gets adverse reaction:roll::roll:

Sounds like the idiots whole idea was to provoke a fight with you.

Let's hope he tries it with someone who teaches him the error of his ways next time.

Glad you avoided getting mashed up for Christmas.

Happy Christmas :)

No it doesn't sounds like OP thinks he owns footpath everyone should move for him and if they don't he becomes the aggressor, sounds like he's got an attitude problem

Sounds like the idiots whole idea was to provoke a fight with you.

Let's hope he tries it with someone who teaches him the error of his ways next time.

Glad you avoided getting mashed up for Christmas.

Happy Christmas :)

No it doesn't sounds like OP thinks he owns footpath everyone should move for him and if they don't he becomes the aggressor, sounds like he's got an attitude problem

*stands in a circle chanting fight fight fight*

Archived