Annual Boxing day hunt "Barlow" anyone going?

AdamSmith

Well you must all feel very superior.

However it's irrelevant as this is about a drag hunt and not a fox hunt.

Although the posts of the pro-hunters seem to blather on about chicken, and their activity as preventing losing fowl.

Not sure how this would work with a drag hunt?

Unless of course people are using Sheffield Forum to defend and/or encourage illegal activities....

Although the posts of the pro-hunters seem to blather on about chicken, and their activity as preventing losing fowl.

Not sure how this would work with a drag hunt?

Unless of course people are using Sheffield Forum to defend and/or encourage illegal activities....

I doubt that as the Barlow now follows scent of a man.

No 'pro hunt' quote, just pointing out the obvious on a genuine thread that is taken over by people wishing to beat the hunt.

I doubt that as the Barlow now follows scent of a man.

No 'pro hunt' quote, just pointing out the obvious on a genuine thread that is taken over by people wishing to beat the hunt.

I am quite sure that the Barlow hunt follows a pre-laid trail.

On boxing day when "the masses" are out.

My point is still borne out by those supporting the hunt blathering about losing fowl...if hunting was indeed about riding to a laid trail, then none of those "save the chickens" posts would have been made, surely?

It's not about hunting foxes. Most major cities like Sheffield have loads of urban foxes. You could set your clock by one who used to come down a jenell near us.

Never a hunt in sight before the ban.

Of course now it would be illegal.

My mate used to be the "whipper in" for the Walkley Hunt. Easiest job in the world.

Archived