Annual Boxing day hunt "Barlow" anyone going?

AdamSmith

Simple a more humane way of doing it than breeding a pack of dogs getting dressed up and showing your true colours.

Darts could be used to humainly put the foxes to sleep. If the population is too large there are modern more decent alternatives to hunting. But the posh toffs will never agree to that as they love torturing a small animal to death.

My thoughts exactly !!!! If any wild creature is proving to be a nuisance and it needs to be culled, then just do it as quickly, and as humanely as possible.

Don't go organising some of your toffee nosed mates and their stuck up families to get half plastered, then chase the poor thing across fields while shouting "yoiks", "view halloo" and "tally ho".

And then when the poor terrified animal has been ripped to shreds by your pack of hounds you smear the blood over some poor kids face as a ritual.

If all you wanted was a ride in the country, then just have a ride in the country. Don't try to con us poor downtrodden working class oiks by pretending you're chasing a scent or something being dragged along.

My thoughts exactly !!!! If any wild creature is proving to be a nuisance and it needs to be culled, then just do it as quickly, and as humanely as possible.

Don't go organising some of your toffee nosed mates and their stuck up families to get half plastered, then chase the poor thing across fields while shouting "yoiks", "view halloo" and "tally ho".

And then when the poor terrified animal has been ripped to shreds by your pack of hounds you smear the blood over some poor kids face as a ritual.

If all you wanted was a ride in the country, then just have a ride in the country. Don't try to con us poor downtrodden working class oiks by pretending you're chasing a scent or something being dragged along.

thats right. not just the toffs though.plenty of ordinary sickos following their masters on thir horses..makes me laugh the way they justify their bloodlust by using chickens as an excuse...might as well say the same about birds eating worms,cats killing birds,dogs chasing cats...

Yes I never understood why when the hunting ban was introduced we called their bluff and agreed to a cull provided they did it humanely. Then they would lose thier argument imediately as we all know the real reason why they support bloodsports.

No, if i had that happen i'd take a course in learning how to build a proper fence.

I used to keep chickens and ducks and never once had a fox problem, maybe because i'm all there unlike these obvious fools.

Sounds like these people know neither how to care for animals or have any real understanding of them.

Never had a problem with our chickens, locked up safe every night, let out in the morning, they have the run of the field and go in willingly on their own at night

Never had a problem with our chickens, locked up safe every night, let out in the morning, they have the run of the field and go in willingly on their own at night

Of course you're right. If I had chickens that were being attacked by a fox I'd improve the pens that held the chickens, and make them fox-proof. Unless of course the fox turned up with wire cutters and an oxy-acetylene torch.

Or if I was one of the country set, I could summon 15 of my "gentlemen's club" to gather with their chinless wives, children, and hounds. Then we'd have a jolly spiffing time chasing down the blighter, (even though it might not be the right one), and then cheer while old foxy is being ripped to pieces. Naturally, the commoners would be outside the Kings Arms to wave us off and greet us on our heroic return. Of course we'd let people think that we were following a smelly bit of rag that had been dragged about.

And if those pinko, lentil boiling oiks cause trouble then the Chief of Police would stick up for us, because he's a member of my lodge and Golf Club. Oh isn't having power a wonderful thing. What ho and yah boo sucks to the lot of you

Of course you're right. If I had chickens that were being attacked by a fox I'd improve the pens that held the chickens, and make them fox-proof. Unless of course the fox turned up with wire cutters and an oxy-acetylene torch.

Or if I was one of the country set, I could summon 15 of my "gentlemen's club" to gather with their chinless wives, children, and hounds. Then we'd have a jolly spiffing time chasing down the blighter, (even though it might not be the right one), and then cheer while old foxy is being ripped to pieces. Naturally, the commoners would be outside the Kings Arms to wave us off and greet us on our heroic return. Of course we'd let people think that we were following a smelly bit of rag that had been dragged about.

And if those pinko, lentil boiling oiks cause trouble then the Chief of Police would stick up for us, because he's a member of my lodge and Golf Club. Oh isn't having power a wonderful thing. What ho and yah boo sucks to the lot of you

:hihi::hihi: very sarcastic :hihi::roll:dont knock it until you have tried it matey once the hounds get the scent its adreneline rush all the way to the kill!! thats the problem with you townies you just dont understand the country and what has been a tradition for centuries, anyway it looks like the law may get changed in the not too distant future!

:hihi::hihi: very sarcastic :hihi::roll:dont knock it until you have tried it matey once the hounds get the scent its adreneline rush all the way to the kill!! thats the problem with you townies you just dont understand the country and what has been a tradition for centuries, anyway it looks like the law may get changed in the not too distant future!

Just because it's a tradition doesn't make it right or acceptable.

Archived