Power Surge - Intake - 3:45am & 4:30am 25/12/12

lewisty

Should I tell all the other seven houses who's alarm went off?

as long as you dont want commission - please do, we`re booking work for the new year.

the battery should absorb any over voltage (it`s not there just to supply power in a power cut) and could well be damaged.

if the primary cause was an earth drop you could have had 440V AC running through your household appliances.

assuming you wern`t been sarcastic - your not very good at it if you were.

Hi guys!

Woke up early this morning, and switched my tv on all of a sudden of went off!

House alarms blaring and then it stopped, TV came back on & then half hour or so later it happened again!

Anyone else awake to witness it?

sorry, i was trying my new toy out, i plugged it into the mains !!!!!!! :hihi:

Changed my battery 3 years ago and think mine was the only alarm on my street that didn't go off, must have been at least 15 different alarms sounding. But once the alarms installed the battery is completely forgot about until something like this happens and yes the likelyhood of a large amount of houses having defective batteries is very high because of this, possibly every alarm installed over 5 years ago could have a defective battery.

Archived