Power Surge - Intake - 3:45am & 4:30am 25/12/12

lewisty

Amazing power goes off so alarm goes off.

Lets waste police time by ringing them up even though I know I'm not been burgled and the power cut is responsible.

So you are assuming that everybody knew there was a power cut and that that was the cause of the alarms going off. And that it was there own alarm they heard. Well that wasn't the case first time round, maybe second time yes. I was awoken by alarms going off, not mine but neighbours around me. Bear in mind this happened around 4am when most people where asleep. Power was on when I woke so must have been off for a very short period, but once an alarms activated it continues to sound till its reset. I knew it wasn't a matter for the police as I could hear at least 6 or 7 alarms going off. But if you live somewhere where only one went off (and not yours) you may assume the worst and call the police. Nobody has stated 999 was dialled, which would warrant people giving some stick. To say its wasting police time to call them when you hear an intruder alarm go off (provided its not through 999, and not an alarm that regularly has false activations) I feel is wrong. Hope somebody calls if mine goes off and I'm not in. Rather be safe than sorry, there's a lot of posts on here about attempted break ins over the Christmas period already.

.. To say its wasting police time to call them when you hear an intruder alarm go off (provided its not through 999, and not an alarm that regularly has false activations) I feel is wrong.

it is a waste of police time and the wrong action to take

Hope somebody calls if mine goes off and I'm not in.

the police won`t attend unless they receive confirmation a break in is occurring

Archived