What are the best and worst Christmas presents you received and gave?

What are the best and worst Christmas presents you received and gave?

I'll start just from our giving of Christmas presents to the children.

:thumbsup:Among the best

Lego Star Wars, Lego Batcave - we already know they love this stuff and it'll have a long interest life, well made and pretty unbreakable as everyone knows.

'Hot Wires' Electronic Module kit, as above, it'll have a long interest life, and very well made, and easy to use with great easy diagrams.

:nono: Among the worse:

Mouse Trap, all the main elements have to be assembled before they can be mounted on the board, but the biggest moan is that two of the main elements are made from quite thin folded cardboard so you might be buying another one in the not too distant future .... errr, maybe the manufacturers are counting on it.....

Zibits toys, fun but so poorly made that the battery cover screw receivers break first time, kids hands aren't strong enough to press in the poorly fitting parts and again, cardboard elements of construction that aren't going to stay the course.

So, a bit serious from me but I have the flu - post yours and don't forget to include some (true) funny ones :thumbsup:

Happy Christmas to all :)

The best to date is a prada handbag my other half bought the worst I gave was a pound land cook book lolol well it seved 2 purposes they couldnt cook and I wasnt wasting money on the person in question.I did give someone an early xmas pressie but i wont mention on here what it was but when I heard the song by mud "lonely this christmas " I thought it rather apt

What happened to a little bit of gratitude that you got some presents at all? I'm sure that there are plenty of people who didn't and who would be perfectly happy to have received just one gift from someone who thought of them.

i know what the OP means especially when it comes to families, for years i spent time and money (not necessarily but sometimes expensive) thinking really carefully about what to get everyone and every year it was the same, loads of tat for the most part nobody had taken any thought just got the easiest and cheapest tatty item, now i dont bother!! straight on Amazon...that will do for so and so.....if you cant beat em join em:roll: i can spend more on my own kids and myself bah humbug!

Oh the joys of Christmas, the kind-hearted people who buy loved ones presents not for the joy of giving but in the hope they get something bigger and better back:D:love: I complained because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.

I know what the op means, my 10 year old boy got a facial cleansing kit for prep to shave from one of my sisters!!!

So she maybe didn't read the label properly, I'm sure there's someone in family can use it. Give him the money for it and pass it on to adult, everybodys happy.

Archived