Free genealogy resources in Sheffield?

zerocool

Ne'er mind, thanks for looking.

We did an extensive research project into a Fisher family from Scrooby, Bawtry and Whiston a few years ago. We have a huge amount of data if you have any of these areas in your Fisher family tree. Unfortunately it is quite a common name so there are a lot of unconnected families.

Hi HennyPenny,

Looking at my Garretts again Charles' father (also Charles) came from Ampfield in Hampshire but I'm yet to locate him in an earlier census than 1861. Maybe it is one of nearby villages. I will take another look.

Lois

Hi HennyPenny,

Looking at my Garretts again Charles' father (also Charles) came from Ampfield in Hampshire but I'm yet to locate him in an earlier census than 1861. Maybe it is one of nearby villages. I will take another look.

Lois

I don't think there is a connection, because her father Edward Garrett gives his birthplace as Ashford in Kent on the 1901 census. I haven't gone further back as my only interest was in Ethel Akerill nee Garrett, as I bought a lot of her letters in an auction.

Hi Janner,

Do you know anymore about your Garrett family? What were their names? I have a Herbert Garrett born 1890 who was my grandfather and his father was Charles Garrett born 1855 both in Sheffield. I have not been able to trace them back any further. I know someone called Twelvetrees today they are the Headteacher at Rivelin Primary School.

Lois.

I know that my Grandads family, the Garrett's lived on Pearl St.

Ant I have Atkin in a branch of my tree Rose Atkin born 1885 (Sheffield) married Herbert Storer 1884 (Brewood Staffordshire) married Sheffield 1908 Her parents were Joseph Atkin (1856) Attercliffe, and Annie Hill (1864) Chowbent Lancs, married in Sheffield 1879.

Ant I have Atkin in a branch of my tree Rose Atkin born 1885 (Sheffield) married Herbert Storer 1884 (Brewood Staffordshire) married Sheffield 1908 Her parents were Joseph Atkin (1856) Attercliffe, and Annie Hill (1864) Chowbent Lancs, married in Sheffield 1879.

Thanks, Duckweed. I'm seeing a cousin in a few weeks who's researched all of the Atkin side of my family. I'll let you know if we have a match. :thumbsup:

Archived