Student discount at Apple

I don't squander my money :) plus some of the cost will be fronted by my mother as a Christmas gift :)

Why don't you buy it from John Lewis, you get a 2yr warranty and for £75 you can upgrade it to 3yrs with accidental damage.

We bought both our childrens Ipads from John Lewis due to the warranty they offer.

Why don't you buy it from John Lewis, you get a 2yr warranty and for £75 you can upgrade it to 3yrs with accidental damage.

We bought both our childrens Ipads from John Lewis due to the warranty they offer.

I'd forgotten all about that actually, thanks!

My Son in law has an ipad 2, had it for about 15 month when the wireless failed due to a hardware fault, He'd bought it from John Lewis, they wanted to charge quite a bit to get it repaired, it didn't have the 2 year warranty when he bought it, he was a little miffed that something had failed in such a short space of time considering it's cost. He did a little research and found that under eec law, all electronic goods are covered by at least a 2 year warranty, he pointed out under their terms & conditions that they abide by eec laws, I suppose they have to, he emailed the top brass at JL, he got a new replacement, not sure if they were actually aware of this regulation. He'd saved the actual legislation on his iphone to show them of it.

Always worth a try.

Regards.

Archived