North V South Divide

trans

The op asked where the line was , i said Watford , what's difficult to understand about that ? Or do you not know where Watford is ?

your right, owt passed Watford is classed as up north to them southerners, especially this goverment they don't know we exist, oops sorry! only when it comes to severe job losses.:gag:

The op asked where the line was , i said Watford , what's difficult to understand about that ? Or do you not know where Watford is ?

Yes you did, and as I said I understood that. It was this that didn't make any sense.

"Southerners recognise every as the north past that"

Everyone know about the North South Divide Where do you think the line should be drawn across the country now?

From Gleadless to City Centre to Hilsborough Corner and out to Grenoside.

---------- Post added 26-12-2012 at 12:51 ----------

Watford is the line . Southerners recognise every as the north past that .

Its Watford gap,which is not Watford,Herts.

Its Watford gap,which is not Watford,Herts.

Indeed. Where I live is north of Watford, yet I'm half an hour from London and would never describe it as Northern.

The traditional dividing line Watford Gap, which is near Northampton. Best known now as a service station but the word "Gap" literally means a gap in the dividing line between North and South which could be used to pass.

There are places in the south that feel northern. Bristol has always felt like a northern, industrial city to me. And parts of Cornwall feel as northern as Northumberland. But places like Harrogate feel like they should be in the South. Perhaps there is no divide at all, expect in peoples minds?

Archived