North V South Divide

trans

I think someone once worked it out that Stoney Middleton was halfway between John O Groats and Lands End,so if Stoney Middleton is south of here then that would put us just to the north,but hang on a minute,hasn't Lands End been sold off to the Americans!

That would be the landlord of the Moon trying to build up trade now he has lost his principal barmaid to the Miners at Eyam.

I think someone once worked it out that Stoney Middleton was halfway between John O Groats and Lands End,so if Stoney Middleton is south of here then that would put us just to the north,but hang on a minute,hasn't Lands End been sold off to the Americans!

I'm not sure about your logic there. I live 5 minutes from Stoney Middleton and can hit the south coast in around 3 1/2 hours but to get to the north coast would take 10 or 11 hours.

What you are describing is the north/south west divide.

I'm not sure about your logic there. I live 5 minutes from Stoney Middleton and can hit the south coast in around 3 1/2 hours but to get to the north coast would take 10 or 11 hours.

What you are describing is the north/south west divide.

That is a reflection of road travel,with slower tortuous roads in the north,plus being interrupted by cattle in Scotland.

Ie outside Exeter??????
I can see places further west than Exeter being regarded as a bit "wild and woolly" by Londoners

So more of a north & west / south divide

Depends whether there is a direct train link or a motorway connecting it to London, anything without that is a wasteland as far as Westminster is concerned

I've just used the AA route planner and half way between Lands End and John O'Groats is around Kendal.

Archived