North V South Divide

trans

I've just used the AA route planner and half way between Lands End and John O'Groats is around Kendal.

I would think it better to draw line where 30 million lie to the south,so I would imagine it would be just south of Birmingham,but north of Cambridge and Northampton,through WATFORD GAP!

I would think it better to draw line where 30 million lie to the south,so I would imagine it would be just south of Birmingham,but north of Cambridge and Northampton,through WATFORD GAP!

I always thought the North and South were divided by the Midlands.

I work with two guys that commute to London every day from Doncaster so is Doncaster now in the South???

I think not !!!!

Well its in south Yorkshire,and it is south of Leeds.

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 17:40 ----------

Most debates on the socio-economic North / South divide ignore Scotland - for example;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7724573.stm

Not in Holyrood.

Of course they know we exist, % of people getting benefit is miles higher up north and draining the Goverment funds. they cant do essentrial work becuase of losers up north

You have to be jokeing you might give your location as Sheffield, but you do not talk as one.

I take offence at your comment " they cant do essential work because of losers up north"

I am from Sheffield and now live in Inverness and I work 10 to 12 hours a day and do most of my friends in Yorkshire.Sorry benifits up north are not an option, just work.

You say that we drain the goverment funds, you are living in cookoo land.

Go back to your books and your PC and get your facts right, and to make a post that you have on a Sheffield Forum does not give the impression of an educated person.

Archived