72 Parkwood Rd Neepsend, The Searles/Thompson's

Blade73

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about the address 72 Parkwood Rd in Neepsend especially involving The Searle family. I believe it was a shop and was bombed in WWII. From the late 1800s thru to the bombing it was run by the Searle family. Mary Ann Searle (nee Thompson) first and then later by her daugther Frances. I'd love to gather as much info as possible.

Frances Searle was my maternal Great Grandmother and I believe her father was a Henry Searle/Solloway a Gamekeeper (I wonder what grounds nearby would require a gamekeeper?) I'd love any information on this man as I've drawn a complete blank with him.

Frances's siblings (all Searle's) were a John Reuben b 1881; Humphrey b 1883; Ann Elizabeth b 1886; Frank b 1891; Alice b 1893; Lizzie b 1895; Harry b 1898; Christopher b 1905.

Any info at all would be really appreciated

Cheers

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about the address 72 Parkwood Rd in Neepsend especially involving The Searle family. I believe it was a shop and was bombed in WWII. From the late 1800s thru to the bombing it was run by the Searle family. Mary Ann Searle (nee Thompson) first and then later by her daugther Frances. I'd love to gather as much info as possible.

Frances Searle was my maternal Great Grandmother and I believe her father was a Henry Searle/Solloway a Gamekeeper (I wonder what grounds nearby would require a gamekeeper?) I'd love any information on this man as I've drawn a complete blank with him.

Frances's siblings (all Searle's) were a John Reuben b 1881; Humphrey b 1883; Ann Elizabeth b 1886; Frank b 1891; Alice b 1893; Lizzie b 1895; Harry b 1898; Christopher b 1905.

Any info at all would be really appreciated

Cheers

Are these the ones,

23 Martin Lane

Searle Henry head M 38 labourer woodyard YKS Sheffield (poss mistranscribed)

Searle Mary Ann wife M 28 YKS Sheffield

Searle John R son S 10 scholar YKS Sheffield

Searle Humphrey son S 8 scholar YKS Sheffield

Searle Annie dau S 4 YKS Sheffield

Searle Frank son S 4m YKS Sheffield

Marriages Jun 1880

Searle Humphrey Mills Sheffield 9c 612

THOMPSON Mary Ann Sheffield 9c 612

Yeah that's the family. I have the censuses, it's a bit confusing tho. 'Henry Searle' is probably right, from what I can gather sometime between the 1881 & 1891 censuses Humphrey Mills Searle & Mary Ann have separated.

Humphrey Mills Searle is in Doncaster with another woman and has children with her. Mary Ann is then with someone called Henry and I think to save embarrassment he's referred to as a Searle. When you get to the 1901 the family are with a Henry Solloway occupation Gamekeeper. I think he is the Henry you've found. I believe the Searle children after the first 3 are his, as I have a few birth & marriage certificates and they list father as Henry Searle occupation Gamekeeper. He is such a mystery I'd love to get to the bottom of it.

I thought if I posted on here hopefully some descendants would see it and know a little about him and some general family background and pass it on.

Thanks for looking up the census I really appreciate it.

Cheers

Archived