Help with English

English is my second language so I would need some help with grammar. My main problem is word order. I am doing GCSE English Language so I might need some help with my essays.

Judging by a lot of the grammar and spelling on Sheffield Forum you might have some difficulty !!! :hihi:

Hope you do get the right help though, at least you're trying to learn , good luck.

English is my second language so I would need some help with grammar. My main problem is word order. I am doing GCSE English Language so I might need some help with my essays.

I would be more than happy to help, but judging by your post, you are well ahead of the field already. :)

Judging by a lot of the grammar and spelling on Sheffield Forum you might have some difficulty !!! :hihi:

Hope you do get the right help though, at least you're trying to learn , good luck.

Ohhh that's not making things better haha :hihi:

I would be more than happy to help, but judging by your post, you are well ahead of the field already. :)

It's getting worse when it comes to writing essays haha

Have you tried here? They are local to you.

Thank you :) It's so close to me and I never knew about it! Thanks :D

• 3 weeks later...
English was my third language, now my second.

From past, first-hand experience in similar circumstances, my advice to you is to read. Novels, biographies, treaties, etc. Basically, books, not magazines or comics. Oh, and a lot of them.

You should be getting better and better over time (although, as already noted above, you seem to be doing quite well already) :)

You have used the incorrect verb here. Would and will are modal verbs. It is better to say, I will need some help in this situation. If you use would then it's the past tense version.

eg.

I asked for help on Sheffield Forum about my English as I had been told I would need some help.

Compared to...

I am asking for help with English as I have been told I will need some help.

Apart from that your English is excellent however - certainly better than many native English speakers can manage!

Archived