What's the stupidest present you've ever been given?

Well ... to me, whoever 'invented' the 'Indoor Remote controlled' helicopter (with video camera and daft USB port), wants cudgelling round the back of the neck, with a very sharp axe! (preferably very blunt)

It's already de-foliated the festive poinsettia, and taken out several very expensive light-bulbs. (five, at the last count ... the majority being 40 watters)

The grand total is, I've managed to cunningly take a high-definition video of it crashing into the carpet (through the daft USB port). I can't even be asked to post this catasrophe!

Duracell's that don't last for ten minutes are very expensive too (especially from the garage on 'Boxing -day' ... where you even need a mortgage to buy a pint of milk! Eight quid to surgically remove a pot plant!

I know how you feel Alco...Strangely I've got a remote controlled helicopter too...So far, the tally is 3 glass vases, one light bulb, one 'strange' haircut, and an unscheduled trim for the dog!....But I'm getting the hang of it!...Fortunately I don't have the battery problem, as there's a built in battery and a mains charger!

Happy days eh?

Bet it's been fun in your houses !! Chaos or what !! :hihi:

You got what you wanted though didn't you. :hihi:

Well yes you're right....It has been chaos...but then again, it's only been me and the dog at home!...Just imagine if there were kids running around too!!!

I know how you feel Alco...Strangely I've got a remote controlled helicopter too...So far, the tally is 3 glass vases, one light bulb, one 'strange' haircut, and an unscheduled trim for the dog!....But I'm getting the hang of it!...Fortunately I don't have the battery problem, as there's a built in battery and a mains charger!

Happy days eh?

There's nothing 'strangely enough' about you having a remote-controlled helicopter Pete! You told me/everyone else on the forum, about it last week!

Mine is now officially 'beyond repair' though as the on/off switch seems to have snapped off, just like the majority of the poinsettia, due to the rotor blade accident. A brief (and tearful) phone call to G/F (Santa), this morning has confirmed my worst fears ... she got it on the Interweave thing ... not Maplin's.

I fear we could be talking days now, before repair is possible, as it may have to go back to the Christmasally closed down remote controlled helicopter factory. I got a good close up video of the carpet though, which may well beat your three vases. Fortunately, I had some spare light bulbs, so, looking on the 'bright side', and the fact that poinsettias are on sale at Tesco, things seem to be going fractionally better for Crookes than Parsonia. I'm sorry to hear about your hair though ... I took the precautionary measure of wearing a 'Safety Party hat' during my test flights, therefore, being scalpularly intact! :)

There's nothing 'strangely enough' about you having a remote-controlled helicopter Pete! You told me/everyone else on the forum, about it last week!

Mine is now officially 'beyond repair' though as the on/off switch seems to have snapped off, just like the majority of the poinsettia, due to the rotor blade accident. A brief (and tearful) phone call to G/F (Santa), this morning has confirmed my worst fears ... she got it on the Interweave thing ... not Maplin's.

I fear we could be talking days now, before repair is possible, as it may have to go back to the Christmasally closed down remote controlled helicopter factory. I got a good close up video of the carpet though, which may well beat your three vases. Fortunately, I had some spare light bulbs, so, looking on the 'bright side', and the fact that poinsettias are on sale at Tesco, things seem to be going fractionally better for Crookes than Parsonia. I'm sorry to hear about your hair though ... I took the precautionary measure of wearing a 'Safety Party hat' during my test flights, therefore, being scalpularly intact! :)

Or maybe I'm just a better pilot?....Naaaa...probably not....I did take mine outside (albeit briefly)...the wind caught it, and whooosh..it was in next doors garden...So I resolved to keep it indoors....I'm taking mine to work when I get back after new year...A whole foundry to fly it in!!!!...I'll just have to keep it away from the 1600 degrees C furnace!....Eeeeek!

Just a quick update here ... I'm so missing my helicopter! It's been days now since it was sent to the menders.

I forgot to delete its on-board memory, and am worried sick that the helicopter menders'll publish my carpet hitting incident on youtube and make a fortune. I daren't even watch the telly now, just in case there's a documentary about it by Jon Snow, or, even worse ... Harry Hill (or Ant and Dec for that matter)

I love my carpet, but despite many litres of superglue application, it still doesn't look the same ... in actual fact, it looks worse!

What a conundrum and catastrophe! :(

Archived