Where is the best and cheapest Gay venue to go to on NYE ?

Roger123W

Like garble says, four of your choices are long gone. The Cossack was demolished about ten years ago and there's only a grass plot where it once stood on Howard Street.

Fuel has been boarded up and up for sale for several years now. Rumours of its reopening keep popping up now and again, but these have so far proved to be unfounded.

The Matilda was only gay for a short period some years ago. I think the building is still standing but it's been boarded up for years.

Sanctuary was closed but has recently reopened as a straight pub again, called the Church House.

You forgot Lions Lair which is no longer gay, so I understand, although I'm sure gays and anybody else would be welcome there.

That just leaves Dempseys and Affinity. Dempseys are charging £10 members and £12 non members on the door NYE, but members can buy in advance for £8. Affinity are charging £5 on the door. Dempseys will probably be the busiest of the two venues.

Archived