We all take our rights for granted

I read a lot of people on here complaining about cuts in benefits. Bad times at work. However before people complain they should read this letter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2253572/Julie-Keith-letter-Plea-help-Chinese-labor-camp-worker-stuffed-Oregon-womans-Halloween-decorations.html

We all take such basic human rights for granted and this is appaling.

Our government and previous governments are too cowardly (or to use their preferred term, pragmatic) to make a serious protest against China's human rights record.

In 2009, to Britain's shame, pro-Tibetan demonstrators were cleared off the streets of London by the Metropolitan Police to avoid upsetting the Chinese premier as he was being driven to Downing Street to visit Mr Brown.

Are you trying to justify the cuts and pass them off lighly, we don't know how lucky we are etc, through some dodgy note someone has claimed to have found? I mean, it's incredibly good English for some peasant in a labour camp, who probably struggle with their own written language nevermind English. I'd expect no less from the DM to be honest; it's a shame they can't comment on the state of the economy.

Looks to me like it's WHRO trying to get a bit of publicity.

I don't think a Chinese labour worker earning a quid a month would have the means to learn English that well.

That's not to suggest that working conditions aren't crap, I'm sure they are.

Are you trying to justify the cuts and pass them off lighly, we don't know how lucky we are etc, through some dodgy note someone has claimed to have found? I mean, it's incredibly good English for some peasant in a labour camp, who probably struggle with their own written language nevermind English. I'd expect no less from the DM to be honest; it's a shame they can't comment on the state of the economy.

Who is claiming that it was written by a peasant?

In totalitarian states educated people such as yourself often find themselves in forced labour camps. I recommend you read the novels of Solzhenitsyn and be thankful you have the good fortune to live in a country where you have the freedom to speak like a <Removed>.

That letter is far too suspect to me. Never seen such a load of prize tut.

Talk about a slow news day.

If this "charity worker" who "discovered" this "letter" was so concerned what exactly did they do about it. Where is the mass boycott, worldwide campaigns, letters and petitions directly to the the manufactuers and government, evidence of the source and authenticity. Follow up story showing the said factory, company name/logo/premises. Where is the appeals and mass searches for the said employee who wrote such letter, the heartbreaking interviews etc... etc...

Something is very odd about this "letter"

DM really needs to be careful. This is not the right atomosphere to be publishing unevidence and unverified sensationalist stories.

Archived