Caravaning tow rules

i am currently trying to buy a touring caravan but am unsure of the towing rules. i have a citroen relay 2.0 litre short wheel base van and am wondering what lengh and weight caravan i can tow with it. please can somebody help.:rolleyes:

If you're pulling with a commercial, length won't be an issue.

Weight wise, you'll need to look up the towing limit of your van, unless you got your licence after 1997, in which case the gross weight of your van will probably mean you can't tow anything!

As has been said, beginners are advised to stick to 85%

When did you pass your L-test? BIG issue that you may already have under control ... but it needs asking.

Check out: https://www.gov.uk/towing-with-car/driving-licence-rules-and-what-you-can-tow

I was going to say the same, you beat me to it.

We've got a towing caravan, under the new rules my daughter is licensed to tow it but my son isn't without taking the further test. Although a doddery old man who can hardly drive a car on it's own without a caravan attached is licensed to tow !!!!

Archived