Speed Cameras and objections to them

If a new limit is not incorrect, then the old limit must have been incorrect (they can't both be right)..

I'd have thought they could be purely for the reason that roads and the traffic environment change. When Derek Dooely way was added onto the parkway the speed limit near there changed, when overall traffic levels change over the years you would also consider a change in the limit - a new housing estate adding more cars onto a road for example.

Obviously changing the road layout would be a valid reason, but the road I keep referring to hasn't changed in a long time. When I said the A57 to the Sheffield boundary, I was talking about from Rivelin valley road out to the Ladybower.

The councils own report said that there was no justification for changing the limit, so they changed it anyway.

Also the A61 has had the limit changed, and simultaneously had average speed cameras installed... Which of these is supposed to be a safety feature?

Obviously changing the road layout would be a valid reason, but the road I keep referring to hasn't changed in a long time. When I said the A57 to the Sheffield boundary, I was talking about from Rivelin valley road out to the Ladybower.

The councils own report said that there was no justification for changing the limit, so they changed it anyway.

Also the A61 has had the limit changed, and simultaneously had average speed cameras installed... Which of these is supposed to be a safety feature?

which is nice, but irrelevant. A law has been passed and you have to obey it.

Archived