Speed Cameras and objections to them

You can always dispute the ticket if you want to - it apparantly tells you on the back how you do this, and if there is any doubt about who is the driver then I'd expect people would do so.

You certainly can contest it - however you are not given the basic right of "no comment". You must enter a plea.

According to information given to me recently you can also no longer rely on the "I don't know" excuse,how that is i've no idea but Norfolk constabulary state it on their documents(in legal jargon with some case precedence).

As long as you can show "reasonable diligence" in attempting to find out who the driver was then you have a defence. If I share a long distance drive with someone then I don't necessarily know when or where we changed over. Say hypothetically if I reckon we changed at tibshelf services, and my mate rckons we changed at Woodall when driving from London to Edinburgh then all you do is tell the police that and invite them to request the relevant CCTV.

As long as you can show "reasonable diligence" in attempting to find out who the driver was then you have a defence. If I share a long distance drive with someone then I don't necessarily know when or where we changed over. Say hypothetically if I reckon we changed at tibshelf services, and my mate rckons we changed at Woodall when driving from London to Edinburgh then all you do is tell the police that and invite them to request the relevant CCTV.

a very shaky defence, and when you lose you get 6 points and a £500 fine, plus costs and victim surcharge. plus insurance increases of 50% in the first year

its better to remember who was driving and get 3 points and £60 fine and minimally increased premiums

sadly, its better to just name the most likely person even if not certain

Yes, you are missing something.

Speed limits are lowered to an unnecessary level and cameras are installed to establish a revenue stream.

There will now follow endeless posts by the "All speed kills" simpletons that seem to be disproportionately represented and vocal on this forum.

Yep , the moral highgrounders on here will soon be chastising the rest of us mere mortals You know the ones. Those who have never drifted slightly over the speed limit, those who have never recieved a parking ticket, those who have never parked on a double yellow line . Those who are so perfect they polish their Halo on a daily basis.

Yep , it wont be long before they appear.

Yep , the moral highgrounders on here will soon be chastising the rest of us mere mortals You know the ones. Those who have never drifted slightly over the speed limit, those who have never recieved a parking ticket, those who have never parked on a double yellow line . Those who are so perfect they polish their Halo on a daily basis.

They may be late as they are all driving slowly home after visiting relatives over Christmas:hihi:

You seem to be boasting how your lads are goodie two-shoes and co,and how they are not known to the police and yet you advocate leniency for people who put the lives of others at risk in their attempts to emulate Jerry Clarkhouse and his mates on Pot Rage,BBCs worst pogram.

It's because speed cameras are entirely arbitrary means of 'safety improvement' which relies on a flawed mantra that 'speed kills'. It's a flawed paradigm because it's only contribution to safety relies on reducing every driver to the lowest common denominator rather than removing unsafe/poor/idiotic drivers from the roads.

The problem is that cameras replace traffic cops who are far better at enforcing safer driving rather than reducing traffic to a crawl. They can't account for the idiots with no lights on in the dark, the drivers with fog lights on 24/7, or the oblivious twonk who almost crashed into my OH on the university roundabout by trying to take the second exit from the r/h lane.

Archived