Lyceum panto seating

littleweeeed

It's perfectly safe in the the Balcony seats. In fact it's an absolutely fantastic veiw. I've been numerous times and seriously don't let the previous comments put you off. The only thing I would say is if you are afraid of heights don't get a seat in the balcony on the front Row up there. The Mrs is, and when we've had them seats she certainly grips the handrail as though her life depends on it !

The balcony is massively high. The view isn't all that good either.

I'd go up there in an adult party, but I think that you are risking it a bit with kids.

I should imagine it's safe enough, surely they wouldn't be allowed to open if it wasn't safe.

The thing I'd question is the age of the children you want to take. I realize you know them and I don't, but I would think 10 yrs might be a bit old for panto nowadays.

You haven't been to a panto in some time have you? We were there last Friday and the place had quite a few office outings in which meant that the more 'adult' jokes that run alongside the children's ones got a huge amount of laughter. There's a massive age range there - my daughter's been going for 10 years and says she hopes to carry on for the foreseeable future.

Regarding the balcony - the view isn't very good, the seats are claustrophobically close together and its steep. And there's zero leg room. It's safe enough for children as long as you're not daft enough to let them hang over the edge or wander off.

There isn't much leg room if you are taller than 5ft 3, can be a bit tight. As your only in there for a couple of hours (with the interval - so your only sat for an hour at most), the chances of dying from deep vein thrombosis would be very slim during the show.

There isn't much leg room if you are taller than 5ft 3, can be a bit tight. As your only in there for a couple of hours (with the interval - so your only sat for an hour at most), the chances of dying from deep vein thrombosis would be very slim during the show.

Well this years show is a lot longer, the first half is over 1 hour 40 long, with a half hour break then at least 1 hour 20 long second half, my nephew was flagging by the end of it.

You haven't been to a panto in some time have you? We were there last Friday and the place had quite a few office outings in which meant that the more 'adult' jokes that run alongside the children's ones got a huge amount of laughter. There's a massive age range there - my daughter's been going for 10 years and says she hopes to carry on for the foreseeable future.

Have to agree with this. We went to one last week and loved it. I think the children are just an excuse for the adults to go tbh. :hihi:

Well this years show is a lot longer, the first half is over 1 hour 40 long, with a half hour break then at least 1 hour 20 long second half, my nephew was flagging by the end of it.

That is just not true at all. The timing board on the desk says starts 7pm, finishes 9.35 and it did. And that was with a 20 minute interval.

From their website: Running time: 2 hours 25 mins (including an interval of 20 mins)

Archived