Usain Bolt will not compete in the UK again.

It seems athletes such as Usain Bolt will no longer compete in UK athletics meeting because of our taxation.

Appearance money and winnings for UK competitions are taxed at 50% which many top athletes are refusing to pay. The UK also is one of the few countries to levy a tax on sponsorship earnings based on the time an athlete spends here.

So Bolt didn't compete in any UK event in the 3 years running up to the Olympics and has stated he will never appear here again. Many athletes made an exception by competing at the Olympics because the Olympics has to be a tax free games.

No different then to when all the pop stars and crooners refused to pay taxes and went to live in Vegas.

I'm not sure that's right. I always thought that they did the odd concert here but cleared off overseas before they became eligiible for UK tax.

Folk like Paula Radcliffe cannot put on an England strip and compete here because of our tax. So marathon runners pick a few events each year and boycott the UK.

It seems athletes such as Usain Bolt will no longer compete in UK athletics meeting because of our taxation.

Appearance money and winnings for UK competitions are taxed at 50% which many top athletes are refusing to pay. The UK also is one of the few countries to levy a tax on sponsorship earnings based on the time an athlete spends here.

So Bolt didn't compete in any UK event in the 3 years running up to the Olympics and has stated he will never appear here again. Many athletes made an exception by competing at the Olympics because the Olympics has to be a tax free games.

Oh my god I'm gutted, no not really so what he's not going to run here.

I'm not sure that's right. I always thought that they did the odd concert here but cleared off overseas before they became eligiible for UK tax.

Folk like Paula Radcliffe cannot put on an England strip and compete here because of our tax. So marathon runners pick a few events each year and boycott the UK.

But it's our tax system thats supported the UK athletes in the first place,in one way shape or form.

Archived