Northern General Hospital WIFI

good, rather them use the money towards saving lives instead of insuring the hospital has WIFI

Well they saved my life, and long may they keep me ticking over, but my point is that the package says you get internet access, well I tried to get on the forum and access was blocked as were lots of other sites. So in effect it is locked down, just like you get sites blocked on government internet, so you don't have internet access.

Stupid comment. There's a whole lot more to hospital than saving lifes. Yes a number of patients are critically ill & of course its far more important they receive life saving treatment. But for the vast majority its a short stay following something like an accident or surgery. For these people a little TLC & home comforts are all they need. Blow me down with a feather if communication with the outside world is too much to ask for??

What a very sensible reply - I couldn't agree more.

Home comforts are nice but the NHS funds are stretched so the money is better spent on medical care and supplies. The only reason the Children's Hospital has TVs on every bed is because a charity has provided them and it also means those children having to stay for a long time can still be educated through a channel on the TV.

Yep Ben 10 will educate them :hihi:, but I agree children need to be kept alert and free from boredom, I remember when I was a kid I spent 3 months in hospital.

My daughter was in hospital for the first 23 weeks of her life. Unfortunately for us the neonatal surgical unit is about the only ward in the children's what doesn't have patientline. It would have gone a long way to helping pass the hours weeks & months we spent there. Lol.

I have also just spent 6 days in the Northern myself & found mobile signal woeful in there. unable most of the time to connect to my own mobile internet. I spent £40 on the patientline (in six days)

It would've been more only my first 36 hours were on a ward whereby free LCD TVs were provided at each bed. It's diabolical that 24hours tv should cost £10

I actually believe patientline have over priced so heavily it may indeed backfire. When I was in Jessops having my daughter 2 & half years ago it was £5 a day. I was in Jessops for 6 days due to severe complications & I saw literally every women who came in over that period use patientline. In contrast during my stay this month I only saw myself & 1 other woman use the Tv's

You'll all be moaning when when the TVs have gone due to low demand & there's no WiFi either!!

thanks to most of you for your sensible replies, shame the odd ones took this to add there negative posts, well we all have the right to reply, looks like i will be bored then laid flat on my back after major spinal surgery, thanks again for your replies

Good luck with the surgery and hope its a success :):)

certainly the best way is to get a MiFi mobile broadband dongle and dock from Three or simliar and a tablet/notebook and stream bbc Iplayer to while a few hours away.

Certainly a lot cheaper per month than 40quid a chuck on patientline.

see link

http://store.three.co.uk/view/product/ql_catalog/threecatdevice/2293;jsessionid=72A02EB2C4095B130365ABA9E7B33FAE?crossSellParent=2548

Archived