Northern General Hospital WIFI

Yep Ben 10 will educate them :hihi:, but I agree children need to be kept alert and free from boredom, I remember when I was a kid I spent 3 months in hospital.

There is normal tv and videos for them to watch but you can also click a link which has a personalised education programme for the children that are in long term. My understanding is they talk to the children's school to find out what they should be learning so they don't fall behind their peers.

---------- Post added 30-12-2012 at 04:38 ----------

thanks to most of you for your sensible replies, shame the odd ones took this to add there negative posts, well we all have the right to reply, looks like i will be bored then laid flat on my back after major spinal surgery, thanks again for your replies

Good luck for your operation. I understand it can be very boring in hospital. My reply wasn't trying to be negative just responding to a post about the cost of wifi and tvs. A dongle sounds like a good idea, beware though when my son was in the childrens there was a sign saying phone chargers could not be used unless they have been pat tested so may be worth getting that done before you go in xxx

certainly the best way is to get a MiFi mobile broadband dongle and dock from Three or simliar and a tablet/notebook and stream bbc Iplayer to while a few hours away.

Certainly a lot cheaper per month than 40quid a chuck on patientline.

see link

http://store.three.co.uk/view/product/ql_catalog/threecatdevice/2293;jsessionid=72A02EB2C4095B130365ABA9E7B33FAE?crossSellParent=2548

I was in there for a weekend and I was on ebay guess its where you are at the time my ipad worked fine

Archived