Why Do You Smoke Ciggys?

Do you inhale?

Very little if any. I enjoy more the aroma of a good cigar along with a shot of Jim Beam or Jack Daniels. Very soothing to the senses.

I smoked about a pack of ciggys a day plus a few cheap cigars from the age 18 to 30 but then one day happened to be sitting in a dentist's office thumbing idly through a copy of Readers Digest left for patients to read.

I came across this article by a man who got throat cancer from years of smoking. He described in very graphic detail the treatment he had to go through and what he saw at the hospital where he was treated. I remember it scared the living crap out of me and I decided it was time to seriously think about quitting. I was lucky in that I managed to stop without going through much of the cravings that many get

These days I'll smoke a really good cigar about 4 times a year and that's it.

My grandfather smoked from the age ot 12 right up until he died at around 79 or 80. Never got lung or throat cancer. Just a smokers cough in later years

Archived