Night life for the over 40s in Sheffield is rubbish!

EASTWOOD141

You've not lived if you havn't been to Betty's cafe yet,or Mr Chippy's in Swinegate.

I've been to Betty's, it's quite alright :)

It's amazing how much people will pay for a cup of tea and a piece of cake. Sheffield could probably have two temperance bars, a cheap one for the young uns, and a more expensive one with fancy cakes for the older ones. :hihi:

I too had my fortieth in York although, being with family and friends, it was a day time sesh as opposed to a night time one.

Been a regular visitor to York since 1988 - been around 150 times since then - and the pubs and bars are magnificent. From traditional pubs like Thomas's, Golden Lion and Spread Eagle, to medieval places like Trembling Walls Of Madness and Roman Bath; to champagne and wine bars like The Biltmore, you're just spoilt for choice! Then you've got kooky places like Evil Eye and the brilliant Guy Fawkes Hotel (all candles and dark corners).

Add the sound of a million different languages (kind of) and all the other attractions, the rivers, the walls, the museums and restaurants, man, I seriously need to go back!!

Dude, you are so right about York. And it keeps getting better.

It's amazing how much people will pay for a cup of tea and a piece of cake. Sheffield could probably have two temperance bars, a cheap one for the young uns, and a more expensive one with fancy cakes for the older ones. :hihi:

If you like Betty's cafe and fancy cakes, there's a very nice cafe on Chapel Walk at the back of M&S if you havn't tried it yet you really must go sometime and have a traditional afternooon tea there served at the table.:)

If you like Betty's cafe and fancy cakes, there's a very nice cafe on Chapel Walk at the back of M&S if you havn't tried it yet you really must go sometime and have a traditional afternooon tea there served at the table.:)

jesus, some of you ARE OLD lol, thought this was the other 40s thread, not over 60s? :suspect:

I think the Broadfield on Abbeydale is quite alright. You should try it if you haven't

And its sister pub The York at Broomhill

Me and my contemporaries are in our 50's we have no problem finding night life.

In town we start off in All Bar One and then across to La Floret in Leopold Square

In Devonshire Quarter any or all of - Frog & Parrot, Old House,Forum, Washington and Green Room

Ecclesall Road - Nonnas/Porter Brook then last orders in Lescar is 1.00pm

Ranmoor -West 10

Oh and I am lucky that my local is The Greystones and the source of a good pint and a few good gigs

EVERY FRIDAY // 9PM – 2:30AM // FREE ENTRY //

JOIN STEVE GOODBURN AND GUESTS EVERY FRIDAY AT SAVANNAHS LATE BAR, WEST STREET FOR A NOSTALGIC TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE, PLAYING THE BEST IN 70’S, 80’S, FUNK & SOUL.

☆☆ DRINK DEALS ☆☆

House Spirit & Mixer £3

Double up for £1

☆☆ WAITRESS SERVICE & BOTTLES AVAILABLE ☆☆

Bottles of Wine £10

House Champagne £35

Vueve £50

Grey Goose £90

Jack Daniels Bottle £70

☆☆ FOR INFORMATION ☆☆

ADD: SAVANNAHS SHEFFIELD ON FACEBOOK

EMAIL: SAVANNAHS_SHEFFIELD@HOTMAIL.COM

TWITTER: SAVANNAHS_SHEFFIELD

CALL: 07984843754

BBM: 2705C224

EVERY FRIDAY // 9PM – 2:30AM // FREE ENTRY //

JOIN STEVE GOODBURN AND GUESTS EVERY FRIDAY AT SAVANNAHS LATE BAR, WEST STREET FOR A NOSTALGIC TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE, PLAYING THE BEST IN 70’S, 80’S, FUNK & SOUL.

☆☆ DRINK DEALS ☆☆

House Spirit & Mixer £3

Double up for £1

☆☆ WAITRESS SERVICE & BOTTLES AVAILABLE ☆☆

Bottles of Wine £10

House Champagne £35

Vueve £50

Grey Goose £90

Jack Daniels Bottle £70

☆☆ FOR INFORMATION ☆☆

ADD: SAVANNAHS SHEFFIELD ON FACEBOOK

EMAIL: SAVANNAHS_SHEFFIELD@HOTMAIL.COM

TWITTER: SAVANNAHS_SHEFFIELD

CALL: 07984843754

BBM: 2705C224

Do they have draught stones or john smiths for under £3 a pint?

Archived