Udders (Huddersfield) v Owls - 29/12/12 - Match thread

ukdobby

Just found this on BBC football

Huddersfield 'could ask for replay' after ref blunder

29/12/2012 - 15:40:37

Huddersfield could have grounds to request a replay of their 0-0 draw with Sheffield Wednesday after Owls player Jeremy Helan was booked twice but remained on the field, a former Football League referee said today.

Mick Russell yellow-carded the 20-year-old, on loan from Manchester City, for a second time midway through the first half, but failed to produce a red card amid furious protestations from Huddersfield players and management.

Russell’s fellow officials also failed to spot the error, allowing Helan to play the full 90 minutes.

Former Football League official Tony Leake said he expects Russell to have to stand down for a period over his error, and believes a replay of the fixture is not out of the question.

He said: “The matter will now need to be dealt with by the relevant authorities.

“You cannot rule out the possibility of a replay.

“If Huddersfield won the game 3-0 I would not expect that to happen. But if Huddersfield believe the player being on the field meant the result did not go in their favour then it could be that the game is replayed.”

English referee Graham Poll famously booked Croatia defender Josip Simunic three times before showing a red card during their 2006 World Cup fixture against Australia.

Following that error FIFA president Sepp Blatter indicated Australia could have demanded a replay had they lost and been knocked out.

They can have one for me. Every chance of two bonus points.

I agree with that M8 ;)

So if there was a replay, would the Owls have to play part of the game with 10 men, & would both sides have to play the same players. If that's the case then surely a lot of teams would have got matches replayed following the Tevez fiasco a few years ago. Udders will be happy to keep the one pont I'm sure. Actually, as a team in a bit of form at the moment, perhaps we should be asking for the match to be replayed.

Back 4 were sound,Buxton probely worse of the 4.

Goalie,no problems.

Midfield,Lee,Prutton and Mcabe did enough,Antonio was quiet except for the sitter,Helen as found his best position

Problem we have is upfrnt,Madine had another very average game and except for sliding in too late for a low cross never looked like scoring.

So if there was a replay, would the Owls have to play part of the game with 10 men, & would both sides have to play the same players. If that's the case then surely a lot of teams would have got matches replayed following the Tevez fiasco a few years ago. Udders will be happy to keep the one pont I'm sure. Actually, as a team in a bit of form at the moment, perhaps we should be asking for the match to be replayed.

I also look forward to the replayed Leeds game where Becchio gets sent off in the 1st half for a blatant handball and we get awarded a penalty. Perhaps that numpty of a Leeds fan wont assault Kirkland second time around

Don't know if this is true, but been hearing that Huddersfield can now request a replay once the FA have looked into it ???

TBH I cannot see that happening remember the World Cup when ref Graham Poll showed 3 red cards to the lad, before sending him off. In all honesty Helan could get a retrospective ban, and the ref a rap on knuckles but replay, cannot see it. Not being funny but isn't Helan white & Antonio black, Ray Charles would struggle to mix them up. :hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 30-12-2012 at 11:25 ----------

I also look forward to the replayed Leeds game where Becchio gets sent off in the 1st half for a blatant handball and we get awarded a penalty. Perhaps that numpty of a Leeds fan wont assault Kirkland second time around

Yes it was bad the ref missed that, but this is different in the fact he has shown the lad 2 cards, let's just wait till something happens. Speaking personally I'd dock you 40 points :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Look on bright side, I've started a good conversation, instead of it turning into a normal slanging match on here

Goalie,no problems..

he barely had owt to do tho?

---------- Post added 30-12-2012 at 11:30 ----------

TBH

Yes it was bad the ref missed that, but this is different in the fact he has shown the lad 2 cards, let's just wait till something happens.

yeah if anything its down to the ref being incompetant, should be him having the screws turned if anything?

Archived