Good Riddance to 2012

Saffy

I can't wait to get rid of this year .. mind, I said that last year .... the last two years have been hellish (whatever I did ina previous life, I surely must have paid for it now)

Roll on 2013

Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve everyone

So what was so bad..If that's not too personal a question?

Sorry..not been back online till now.

2011 saw hopes that my constant sciatic pain would be helped my a spinal cord stimulator .. A bit like an internal tens machine.

My step dad died in April

On my 50th birthday I was on the operating table having my spine cut. Open and fine wires fitted into the epidural space, fed round my side and to my stomach, where I have/had .. The had will come later, a mobile phone size battery put in. I'm slight, so this stuck out but hey, is would help with my sciatic pain so who cares. Sadly this didnt work .. The sensation ran down both legs and paralysed me.

So plans were made for a bigger, more intrusive lead, which would mean some spine being taken away .. I'm cool with that. This was due, November.

Withdrawal from oxycodone and OxyContin march of this year cause two weeks of hell where I truly believed I was going to die.

My father in law died in the arms of his wife and myself in September .

Pre op done in November .. Getting excited now

November. . Sat in TAU all day having not eaten or drunk since midnight the night before ,,, 5.45 pm comes and operation is cancelled. To be fair, the other surgeon before me, found out he had a heap more to do so over ran.

Pre booked for later in feb .. Same thing happens .. I get cancelled.

Got Nother date and BINGO and this definitely helped. Don't get me wrong, it didnt get rid of the pain but I had this lovely, buzzy feeling where the pain was .. All the time. The relief was fabulous.

A week or so later I felt generally ill and tired .. The site on my stomach was red and shiney ... Infection.

Two weeks on PIC line anti biotics seemed to help and sent home with the most vile anti biotics.

A week later .. Back in hospital and they took everything out .. The leads, my battery, my paddle, as the infection was on the metal work threading round from my lead to the battery.

They also found I had a prolapse so off to the gynaecologist who did a scan and said, nope, two bad prolapses and a tumour on one ovary with cysts on the other.

So .. Full hysterectomy and thank god, the tumour was benign. To be honest, by that time I didn't give a donkeys whether it was or wasn't.

December this year ... Yayyyy, the refitting of the stim and paddle. The battery in my butt this time to keep well clear of old infection site.

Sat in TAU ..... Cancelled.

Back again .. And would you believe it .. I'd been smiling and told everyone I met when out and about on my mobility scooter I couldn't wait to go back in because I KNEW this worked.

Came round from operation .. Ow, spine is sore .. Looked to the left for morphine pump .. Not there .. Felt about my backside .. Nothing . Looked at the nurse who came over ... It didnt work did it?

Turns out there was so much scarring, and even though my surgeon took away more spine, there was no way this paddle lead was going to go in safely.

So .. They sewed me up and I feel like I've been thrown on the waste dump. No back up care at all. I guess I will have to go and see my surgeon in three months to check the scar etc, but I have left with nothing .. No hope .. No one but family to talk to .. And more pain and more drugs.

I think physically and mentally I've been through the wringer and I should rest and let my body heal at its own pace .. But no, I'm now looking at deep brain stimulation as a SCS friend of mine whose story shadows mine, has asked to be referred to a Professor in London who carries out this.

So .. Please ... Let 2013 be better. I'm leaving any ideas of operations alone until my doctor suggests anything.

Of course, that's not all that happened .. I've had personal problems too .. When you have children, it's par for the course isn't it. To have one sexually abused whilst asleep and not tell us anything until after the court date because she didnt want to worry us ... He got off with a caution. Super.

2013 can't possibly be worse can it?

Sorry this was so long and if there are any mistakes it's because I am using the I pad and it tends to do random things.

Peacocks .. See what I mean?

I wish everyone a better year than the last whether good or bad .. We all deserve a lift.

Sorry..not been back online till now.

2011 saw hopes that my constant sciatic pain would be helped my a spinal cord stimulator .. A bit like an internal tens machine.

My step dad died in April

On my 50th birthday I was on the operating table having my spine cut. Open and fine wires fitted into the epidural space, fed round my side and to my stomach, where I have/had .. The had will come later, a mobile phone size battery put in. I'm slight, so this stuck out but hey, is would help with my sciatic pain so who cares. Sadly this didnt work .. The sensation ran down both legs and paralysed me.

So plans were made for a bigger, more intrusive lead, which would mean some spine being taken away .. I'm cool with that. This was due, November.

Withdrawal from oxycodone and OxyContin march of this year cause two weeks of hell where I truly believed I was going to die.

My father in law died in the arms of his wife and myself in September .

Pre op done in November .. Getting excited now

November. . Sat in TAU all day having not eaten or drunk since midnight the night before ,,, 5.45 pm comes and operation is cancelled. To be fair, the other surgeon before me, found out he had a heap more to do so over ran.

Pre booked for later in feb .. Same thing happens .. I get cancelled.

Got Nother date and BINGO and this definitely helped. Don't get me wrong, it didnt get rid of the pain but I had this lovely, buzzy feeling where the pain was .. All the time. The relief was fabulous.

A week or so later I felt generally ill and tired .. The site on my stomach was red and shiney ... Infection.

Two weeks on PIC line anti biotics seemed to help and sent home with the most vile anti biotics.

A week later .. Back in hospital and they took everything out .. The leads, my battery, my paddle, as the infection was on the metal work threading round from my lead to the battery.

They also found I had a prolapse so off to the gynaecologist who did a scan and said, nope, two bad prolapses and a tumour on one ovary with cysts on the other.

So .. Full hysterectomy and thank god, the tumour was benign. To be honest, by that time I didn't give a donkeys whether it was or wasn't.

December this year ... Yayyyy, the refitting of the stim and paddle. The battery in my butt this time to keep well clear of old infection site.

Sat in TAU ..... Cancelled.

Back again .. And would you believe it .. I'd been smiling and told everyone I met when out and about on my mobility scooter I couldn't wait to go back in because I KNEW this worked.

Came round from operation .. Ow, spine is sore .. Looked to the left for morphine pump .. Not there .. Felt about my backside .. Nothing . Looked at the nurse who came over ... It didnt work did it?

Turns out there was so much scarring, and even though my surgeon took away more spine, there was no way this paddle lead was going to go in safely.

So .. They sewed me up and I feel like I've been thrown on the waste dump. No back up care at all. I guess I will have to go and see my surgeon in three months to check the scar etc, but I have left with nothing .. No hope .. No one but family to talk to .. And more pain and more drugs.

I think physically and mentally I've been through the wringer and I should rest and let my body heal at its own pace .. But no, I'm now looking at deep brain stimulation as a SCS friend of mine whose story shadows mine, has asked to be referred to a Professor in London who carries out this.

So .. Please ... Let 2013 be better. I'm leaving any ideas of operations alone until my doctor suggests anything.

Of course, that's not all that happened .. I've had personal problems too .. When you have children, it's par for the course isn't it. To have one sexually abused whilst asleep and not tell us anything until after the court date because she didnt want to worry us ... He got off with a caution. Super.

2013 can't possibly be worse can it?

Sorry this was so long and if there are any mistakes it's because I am using the I pad and it tends to do random things.

Peacocks .. See what I mean?

I wish everyone a better year than the last whether good or bad .. We all deserve a lift.

Speaking for you I would say good riddance to 2012 too. You make my lot sound positively uplifting. Wishing you good vibes for 2013.

Archived