Scooter and moped riders - something to check in the New Year

to all moped rider the next time a group of you pull in front of my and drive at 10 mph on penistone road i will do more than shout abuse at you a will knock evry single 1 of you off

How dare a vechicle slower than and more vulnerable than yours delay your ever so important journey by a few seconds.

They have the same right as you to use the roads mate. If they are actually going 10mph (which I doubt) then maybe its for a reason? Possible reasons might include a potential fault with the moped which has only just been discovered by the rider who is aiming to get home safely... maybe theres frost on the road which your too pig headed to understand is a serious threat to anyone on 2 wheels. Or maybe its just a new rider who is gaining confidence on the roads. Either way you should be more understanding.

I know what its like to fall off a motorbike going a lot faster than 10mph (50mph) and let me tell you, its not very nice.

Mopeds .... I havn't seen one of those in years. "A small motorcycle with an engine of 49cc or less , with pedals to assist propulsion"

What I see now are motor scooters with an engine of less than 49cc " a small step-through type of motorcycle with covered engine parts " , often referred to here in UK as a "twist and go scooter"

I am a scooter rider . I ride them often , 200cc Lambretta , 250cc Vespa and a 400cc Suzuki Burgman.

I hate it when someone refers to any of them as a "moped".

I am a 20 stone fat bald guy and don't live far from Penistone Road . I might have a run down there with a few mates and have a LAWFUL LEGAL TAXED TESTED INSURED drive up n down ..... see what happens

I could'nt even guess to the number of times coppers chased us in the late 60's for having straight through pipes on our bikes, silencer removed never mind taking out the baffles. Best fun we ever had, and I remember no one ever got "done" for it either.

Angel.

Archived