Last Laugh Comedy Club

Guderian

I might be tempted to go if it wasn't so ridiculously expensive to watch comedians who are largely unknown, and have to pay extra for food. Me wonders if the comments above are by people involved in it.

Also, I wish people's footnotes weren't longer than the actual message they've contributed! Oh well, mustn't grumble. (Hang on, too late...)

PS ok the above footnotes aren't literally longer than the comments but some are tedious when you've read it before in the contributor's several hundred other posts! no offence intended on the content of those messages, guys. cheers.

I might be tempted to go if it wasn't so ridiculously expensive to watch comedians who are largely unknown, QUOTE]

Well last weekend we had Justin Moorhouse compering, who did two series of Phoenix Nights, and has just been in Shameless. Jim Tavare headlined; he's done 3 Royal Variety performances and starred in the BAFTA winning Sketch Show on ITV 1. The week before we had Alan Carr, the current host of The Friday Night Project on Channel 4, who appeared on last month's Royal Variety. Whilst it's true that not all acts are household names, that is the point. These are acts who make their living on the circuit, so can really knock it out live.

Still, it's not for everyone.

We are going again on Friday. We went at Christmas and the acts were very, very funny but the food was shocking! Hopefully this will have improved by now - I think they got the message :D -but we go to be entertained so I'm looking forward to seeing the comedians.

And no, I'm nothing to do with the Club.

I might be tempted to go if it wasn't so ridiculously expensive to watch comedians who are largely unknown, and have to pay extra for food. Me wonders if the comments above are by people involved in it.

Also, I wish people's footnotes weren't longer than the actual message they've contributed! Oh well, mustn't grumble. (Hang on, too late...)

Hehe... a comedian!

That's the joy of comedy clubs, you get to see people who are funny rather than just those who have merely been chosen by TV for "stardom". I guess you don't listen to R4 much?

Also, I see you're a fairly new user, so to give you a bit of help with the "Footnotes" (more properly called signatures) use the menu bar on the LHS click User Control Panel > Edit Options > uncheck Show Signatures :thumbsup:

Edit: Tobes, any idea what happened to dieclikermousenhoffen (or whatever they called themselves :)) in Edinburgh? Did they get murdered?

You’ve heard of Toby Foster right? The fat bloke of Radio Sheffield? Not that you’re going to know he is fat from the radio. But if you get yourself down to either the Lescar or the Roundhouse you will do. Alan Carr was the headline on the bill, and rightly so. A bit like Larry Grayson (are you old enough to remember him?) with attitude. You might have seen him off the Friday night project. There was a great vibe and the venue was busy from early on. But being table only, you don’t have to worry about getting seated.

Toby Foster holds the attention of the crowd in between acts well. And drawing attention to the two unfortunate ladies with the Black hairy handbags was class!

Quincy was funny, but for me the warm up act was top’s. Watch out for Alex Boardman!

Funny? I laughed so much a bit of wee came out! The main focus on his act is post “e”generation parenting blues! Ace! “I was at Spike Island for Stone Roses”. “But the last gig I went to was Bob the builder with my son…on speed”

Go to the comedy club, you will have a great night.

I have been to the Last Laugh twice.

First time it was hilarious. Last weekend (Fri) not so good.

A man with a guitar died on his arse.

My workmates and I havent stopped talking about him all week mind.....

I suppose its luck of the draw though.

Archived